Question on Extended A-Arms..

Feb 8, 2009
Portland, Oregon
I need some help with a question on extended a-arms. I have a chance to get a nice set and was wondering about the brakelines. If I buy +2 +0 a-arms do I need extended brakelines for my 2001 drum braked Blaster? Also will the stock cable rear brakeline reach on a +2 swingarm with the cable brake. If not where can I find the extended cables for the front brakes? :-/

nah man u should be good i have +3+1 aarms and i didnt have to get longer cables, u can just reroute them out of the brackets that hold them in, run them over the top of the aarm

there prolly is a good price diffrence between the the 2, and if u can get a good deal on the +2 id say go for it, its still 4 inches wider than stock and thats a big improvement

if you sig is your engine your engine is fine you need to get the a-arms to corner harder and if you got 3+ a-arms youd have to get newer shocks so your better off with the +2 a-arms but 1200 seems steep imo

if you sig is your engine your engine is fine you need to get the a-arms to corner harder and if you got 3+ a-arms youd have to get newer shocks so your better off with the +2 a-arms but 1200 seems steep imo

I am sorry, I edited my sig. as it was confusing. That is the build that Angus will end up building for me. The a-arms and swinger are Hermann and the axle is LSR Axcaliber-if that makes any difference. I also have Elka's all around and they are set-up for +3 a-arms and +4 swinger but I want to keep my maneuverability. I originally wanted a +6 swinger since my goal is to use the Blaster in open spaces like the desert, dunes, and fireroads. What are some suggestions from the forum?