Question on banshee carb on a blaster.

Yamaha700R

Jun 6, 2016
So I put this originally in the wrong spot. I put a banshee carb on a blaster I am rebuilding for my kid. The banshee carb has an extra port where it connects to the other carb. Do I need to fill the port or do I pipe it down behind the motor?

So I put this originally in the wrong spot. I put a banshee carb on a blaster I am rebuilding for my kid. The banshee carb has an extra port where it connects to the other carb. Do I need to fill the port or do I pipe it down behind the motor?

the blaster carb has a port on both sides that tubes attach to but just hang off the sides, I believe they are just air vents, is that what you are talking about?

Do I need to fill the port or do I pipe it down behind the motor?

thats a crossover pipe so only the left side has a choke on it, and feeds that extra rich choked mixture across that tube to the second carb and cylinder.
to use that left side carb with the choke (which is the only one that should be used) you block off that choke tube port.

thats a crossover pipe so only the left side has a choke on it, and feeds that extra rich choked mixture across that tube to the second carb and cylinder.
to use that left side carb with the choke (which is the only one that should be used) you block off that choke tube port.
Yep, it was the crossover port. Several weeks back I put JB weld and a bolt in the hole to fill the gap. It looks awesome and seems to work great. Thanks for the reply guys.