Question about ASR a arms

golfandcars

Oct 30, 2012
Hey guys I got some ASR front a arms for christmas. The ones that come with the Heim style ball joints. My question for those of you who have these is did they make your steering noticeably stiffer because after about 10 hours of riding most of which was in 2 days they have gotten really hard to steer with and they creek and pop when I steer. Is there a way to grease these or did I possibly get a bad set. At this point im really disappointed with these it was awesome at first but it seemed like after I got them a little muddy they got really stiff. Any help is appreciated thanks guys.

I had the same problem with the same exact arms, when I called ASR the guy Mike said to make sure you spray WD40 after you clean after riding and push on the bumper t get the WD40 to cycle in the hiem joint. He also said don't use a pressure washer directly to the joint. Hope this helps!!

maybe i'm mistaking the stiffness as my steering stabilizer makes my steering stiff anyway...as it should be. (where do you add power steering fluid ?? :) )
ASR suggested WD-40 ???
WD-40 is known to break down plastic, apparently the teflon in the heim joints isn't effected ?
i bought a silicon based spray to use on mine, and give them a quick shot before every ride.
this may be a slight disappointment and pain in the azz to some, but rest assured those heims are 10 times stronger than any ball joint.
ASR's...FTW !!!!!

Ok ill try that thanks for all the responses. And i have a stabalizer as well and i thought at first it was causing the problem but i took it off yesterday and it made no difference. I will try some silicone lubricant. Once again thanks for the help everyone.