Q10's Racing

Harbor freight, for about $300total you can have a new 4X8 foldable trailer, That is what I use. Had mine for 6 years now no problems. Repack the hubs every year and your good to go. Buy the LED lights for it they are much better and last way longer!

Harbor freight, for about $300total you can have a new 4X8 foldable trailer, That is what I use. Had mine for 6 years now no problems. Repack the hubs every year and your good to go. Buy the LED lights for it they are much better and last way longer!

Hey slick, please post a pic or two of the foldable trailer.

I believe the limit for quad width in Ama sanctioned or Mdra sanctioned races which is what I race now is 52 inches

There is no width restriction on any AMA sanctioned motocross racing except nationals and it is 50". At nats during tech inspection, after the vigorous safety inspection of the quad you are requred to roll through a set of blocks exactly 50" apart, and you are not allowed to pull up on the front bumper to raise the suspension and you have to be sitting on the quad.
Ive failed tech inspections at nationals twice for missing cotter pics in a-arm ball joints. So my advice, if you every race a national, carry spare pins.

BTW Q10, i see you perdicament to the width issue and there are ways around it. You can get some +2 a-arms and good suspension and put plywood down on the floor of your vehicle. Blasters are light, get someone to help you load the quad without tires and wheels on it. The suspension will probably make you 10-15 seconds faster on a 1.5 mile track and about 75% less fatigued.

Better yet, pic the quad up and set it on the ramps that are set against your vehicle. Then, pick up the front of the ramps and slide them into the vehicle.You can put little tires under the ramps to assist with them rolling.

Hey slick, please post a pic or two of the foldable trailer.

I added the ramps just to make it easier to load, they were $58. It lives outside so it not very pretty.

04FC3EE3-orig.jpg

34B41FF7-orig.jpg

3D97B1AF-orig.jpg

Yes 1750lbs limit. I bent the front at AWks ride two years ago done jackknifed ooops! nothing a BFH and a welded plate couldn't fix!

ok i was thinking about what u said, and i think ima do that. for the time it takes to put 4 tires on is no that much compared to inflating 2 tires to the exact psi. what i think ima do is get the diamond j kit, cause i like the idea of using stock a arms (dirt cheap if they break) and a banshee axel with my stud spacer i already have. and instead of using those cheezy tie rod extenders, ima just buy aftermarket ones.

Never broken a tie rod extender, but have bent one severly enough to make me want aftermarket rods.

ahhhh. ok. well ima try them, and if there sketchy, ima just do aftermarket. what should i get first tho? j kit or the banshee axel? wait a second. i can only use a banshee axel if i have rear hydros? i have an 01

if i need rear hydros, im probs not going to do that. so then i was thinking about moving my +4 studs up in the front, and buying +6 studs for the rear.

yea i can only find +5. so that 2.5 each side. since its the rear, im gonna try to find like the durablue ones they seem stronger. myabe partz pimp has them. but ive done some pretty gnarly landings with the stud spacers +4 on the rear, and had no problems and i dident think twice about them snapping. i like them. there pretty strong, and i trust them.

im kinda confused. i was looking into banshee axle and such. what i came up with is this: for pre 03 blaster, u need just the axle and brake hub.

this means that the stock blaster caliper and disc'/rotor will work with the banshee hub?

You can make some rear hydros for pretty cheap. It was one of the first mods that I did once I knew my blaster was running ok...well, I didn't do the leakdown before it, but I was bored and needed a project. Anyhow, if you want some tips on making your own hydros, PM me or anyone else that has made them...including AWK, he helped me out with the particulars of the project.