pulling the clutch basket

Joey_Stacks

Apr 4, 2010
Lancaster, PA
Couple questions... Does the nut on the inner basket have standard threads or reverse threads? I was told reverse by somebody but Just want to double check.
Also when I was removing the clutch plates a small nut that was welded to a little plate fell out. Is that pin threaded into the nut on the backside of the clutch cover?

And since everybody says to use a good strap wrench on the basket How do I get it to stay on the inner basket?

Im ready to have my blaster running good for once so Im tackling the crank seal issue today so if you can help I will throw some rep your way.
Thanks

the nut on the outside of the basket for adjusting is standard and im not sure what nut your talking about on the inside but that would be a problem if it just fell out post some pics so we can see what your talking about

Reactions: Joey_Stacks
blasterpart2.jpg
[/IMG]
This is the piece that just fell out

that's not a factory piece but it just looks like a home made adjustment nut for the tranny. the only reverse threads on the blaster are the ones for the flywheel puller.

Well I borrowed an impact gun to pull this thing off. Keep an eye out for when Its time to pull the crank seal on the other side. Might have more questions for all of you.