project yfz shocks.....

yzrider

Apr 12, 2009
northwest Indiana
ok, ipicked up some yfz shocks recently, i ahve no long travle a arms so, i decided to make my own, outta the stock a arms, they are a reeeeaaaaallllly tight fit, i only have one side done, the other will b done tomoro, and no, my a arms are not gonna stay that crappy color, they'r gonna get pulled back off and painted black, just didn't have time, had to get the quad back in the garage, i don't have many pics, but, here they are
14wrs76.jpg

2n1ri41.jpg

sweet but i would of made some thing that came off the factory mount just incase u change your mind and sell those shocks or somehthing
like this but for the front
Google Image Result for http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/crj-performance_2086_1635888

thats a rear lowering kit, and the lowering kits have to be made custom to sit right, and the cost about 100 dollars, vs some elbow grease and 6 bucks on cotterpins and flat stock, the stock mounts are still there so if i ever blow out a shock ( again ) at the badlands or anywhere where i have to ride, i can go back to the stockers

ya true and ik thats a rear mount but i would of fabbed something kinda like that for the front just two of them

Ok well good luck with it, I have a feeling the shocks are gonna be really stiff though but probably still better than stock

with them being that close to the ball joint, they'll be pretty stiff.

you should read phragle's suspension geometry 101 thread and use that to set up the geometry ;)

with them being that close to the ball joint, they'll be pretty stiff.

you should read phragle's suspension geometry 101 thread and use that to set up the geometry ;)

this was actualy partially phragles idea, and i don;t min stiff, i just hate pogo stick stock, haha, i actually like the stiffer cause of how aggressive i ride

well, i got them adjusted to the softness i want, and i figured out that the friggin rebound adjuster is broke :( it never frigginin fails, i can't have anything nice, cause its always broken, god dang

Last edited:
its more solid than the stocker, the weld may look shabby, but they are good, just kinda heavy

just because you globbed on a ton of welding material doesnt mean that it will hold... penetration penetration penetration, its key for a proper weld

even tho you spray bombed them, i can tell you did not get any penetration (i weld as part of my job), eventually they will crack at the bottom, i guarantee it

id get them professionally welded... just for the sake of them not coming apart when you land off a jump

dang, i missed that post, ahha, they'r all done and good, theres a nice pic in my sig, i have taken some niiiiice leaps and landed flat... and against the odds, the welds are holding more than perfect, i couldn;t ask for more, they give a good stiff ride, i like it like that cause of the aggressive way i ride