Project Damage Case

dirtydeezl

Jun 23, 2015
IMAG1188.jpg
IMAG1239.jpg
Well, I'm new to the forum and new to quads. Had a few bikes here and there, but just got this Damage Case from my cousin for free. She ain't pretty, but it's a start. The clutch side covet has been off for.... anyone's gues. The clutch has been removed, it's missing the gear shift shaft assembly, etc. First step will be to pull the mill and do some serious decreasing, it looks like it has been dug out of muddy fryalator. She's a lumped up turd for sure and needs some serious work, but,I will do what I can to keep some sort of worklog as I go.

Attachments

• IMAG1242.jpg
    IMAG1242.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 200
IMAG1465.jpg
IMAG1463.jpg
IMAG1461.jpg
time being a rare and precious commodity, I have not been able to get an exceptional amounts done to this heap. But so far I've managed some cosmetic improvements, gotten my clutch built, replaced the shift shaft assembly, replaced the broken swing arm. I also changed out the rear wheel hubs and wheels. took off the stock pieces nd installed the ones from a raptor. So now she has 10" wheels with 22"x11" Rubber. Gained a little ground clearance at the expense of the gearing, but eventually I'll likely run a 12 tooth front sprocket to help out or maybe a 41 rear (opinions are always welcome).

Reactions: bummer981
Welcome to the forums!

Bike is coming along nicely.

Keep your eyes peeled for a deal on some 20x10's or 11's. Running them 22's is going to make it a bit slow down low. I'm currently running 18x11x9 rears with a 14 tooth front sprocket, and love the performance (wheelie machine), but suffer on clearance. Also you always want to be running at least a 1" larger front tire than what is on the rear. I can't tell from the photo what size the fronts are.

Reactions: dirtydeezl
Lol, the 22" we're freebies that fit the wheels. I'm not sure what the front tire size is, but they are certainly smaller than the rears. I knew right away that those huge meats were going to be a low end handicap. New England is really rocky place, so I'm looking for clearance. of course, I'm going to need the low end grunt as well. I will be adding a reed spacer to gain on the low to mids, but it's going to be a ton of messing around with gearing and tires to find a happy place overall. Maybe a 12/41 will help some with the taller rears. I'll need some taller tires in the front, tho. Have to do some serious homework. Thanks for your help, I'm sure it will prove advantageous as it's more than I already knew.

I'm happy to see that the scheme seems visually appealing! That tickles my feel GOODS. Lol.

Still have so very far to go to get where I want to be, but for now, I put it back together with stock parts, it runs, it rides but needs some tuning.
I ended up scoring a pair of ITP HOLESHOT 20x11.00-10 to replace the 22" had on there.
Little at a time.

Attachments

• IMAG1658_1.jpg
    IMAG1658_1.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 210