project blaster/factory 7 airbox?

lobes

Apr 22, 2009
massachusetts
does anybody have this? price seems steep but it looks wicked sweet. worth the money, or can someone fabricate me something like it? $$$!

PB box is good....you get a lot more with it for the price (filter, and outwears) The CFM is just the box and you have to buy the filter and outwears. CFM wants $60 for the K&N filter and an outer wears is going to be about $20.00 so you may be saving about $20.00 w the CFM box.

On the other hand, you can get the K&N tube filter from the parts house for $30.00 so you can save some more money that way.

Bottom line, both are good. Just depends on what you want to spend your money on.

buy a CFM airbox instead. same thing, lot cheaper, you can get them on ebay for around 90 bucks without the hologram lookin stuff on them

hell you can make your own for less than that . and it will work/look great . I don't even run a airbox , just a pod filter with a outerwears and a 4" velocity stack . Plenty of snap , crackle and pop ..... Just make sure you rejet or it goes snap crackle pop , BOOM!!!

1286414957.jpg

1286414960.jpg

1286584249.jpg

1286584250.jpg

1286584252.jpg

;-)

You mean ^^^^^^ that one? I did that because I was going with an OKO 30mm carb with a 2 1/8" inlet and wanted a pipe that went directly to that without having a step down right in front of the carburetor.

i'm going to go with a CFM after i get my blaster up and running. i run a CFM on my Warrior and i love it so i'm sure the Blaster will do better with one.

had a factory 7 box, thought a pod filter was gonna be better, bought a k&n/outwear setup that's on it now, sold my factory 7 at one point when it was just sittin in my garage, after a little ridin with the pod i'm experiencing that if you like to get muddy or skim puddle's for fun that's not the setup to have, hydro locked it once, luckily didn't F@&# anything up, sure wish i had that factory 7 box back, might even bite the bullet and buy another i liked it so much, there was a power gain over stock, about the same as the pod filter, seems like i had to rejet less with the factory seven box, pod seems touchy, it's all about what you want to spend i guess

i have the factory 7 box and if you plan on gettin, or already have a 400ex shock you will have trouble mounting it. I have also heard(correct me if i'm wrong) that the cfm box has a mounting system that actually bolts it to the quad the f7 doesn't. it just sits on the frame. personaly i wish i had bought the cfm over the f7