Project Blaster 2 - Assembly Part 3: FINAL!

lassek

Feb 23, 2009
Sweden, Denmark is my native
THIS IS IT!

I successfully completed the quad - and oh boy ! the painter really came through with the plastics ..

I strongly encourage you to see the movie to its end as it constantly progresses ..

(remember to click white text to go to youtube HD!)

Enjoy! and let me know what you think.. one speciel feature is the cuttet rear fenders.... and removal of any metal stay on the frame that used to connect to fender..

Last edited by a moderator:
another great vid manI:I I:I i liked your blasty when you first showed up but now its looking awesome man, im likeing the color combo. sounds good too!!

Thank you so much! .. I am also very pleased with the color combo / frame..

And before it couldnt even hold idle.. because my intake boot was cracked / false air and what not.. I then installed the Snyder motorsport and everything is sealed and tight an apparently working like a charm!! including idle! :)

I only need some small stuff now.. fix rear brake - its leaking after it has lying around .. and i really like to fix that seat! it pretty much ruins the look!! :(

But a new oem cost almost 300$ :-o So I will be looking for aftermarket or a custom made one..

Thank you so much! .. I am also very pleased with the color combo / frame..

And before it couldnt even hold idle.. because my intake boot was cracked / false air and what not.. I then installed the Snyder motorsport and everything is sealed and tight an apparently working like a charm!! including idle! :)

I only need some small stuff now.. fix rear brake - its leaking after it has lying around .. and i really like to fix that seat! it pretty much ruins the look!! :(

But a new oem cost almost 300$ :-o So I will be looking for aftermarket or a custom made one..

i recomend the guy i got my seat cover off of. it was only $20+shipping and its holding up great. also you can pick what color combo you want. i in no way get anything from the guy so dont think im advertising for him, just a satisfied customer.

i recomend the guy i got my seat cover off of. it was only $20+shipping and its holding up great. also you can pick what color combo you want. i in no way get anything from the guy so dont think im advertising for him, just a satisfied customer.

Hey can u link/tell me who it is? any website? what material is it made of? oem ? or ?

awesome vid
looks as though youve just bought it new haha

how much did the rebuild cost and what did you do to it

I dont keep track of the bills longer lol! : )

the plastic paintjob was 100$ (i know the painter, and did all the sanding myself)

the powdercoat was around 200$

but i used at least 400$ on all kinds of needed crap like a new oem front fender, bolts, and a lot more...

And the engine have only runs a few hours since it MAJOR rebuild... that costed 2000$ .. but everything is performance parts and basiclly brand new including bearings..

so all in all it runs up! but the total amount is luckily over some time .. But i really enjoy to work with it and modify etc.

What i exactly did to it is a very long list.. but main things would be:

Rebuild totally the engine with only performance parts and change all bearings.

Modify the frame and rear fenders. I cut all the stay´s and the rear of the frame that normally hold the rear fenders - then i cuttet the rear fenders to equal lenght... this gives a raw clean look that "promotes" the big rear wheels due to more open space, a more "racey" look..

the rear grapbar i cut the "holes" that normally are for the rear light - i then sanded it down so its perfectly smooth and the only "hole" is the flag holder..

I basiclly changed all seals, rubber gaskets, gaskets, cleaned and fixed everything - changed all the bush a-arms...

Frame and a-arms - swingarm etc : powdercoat

Plastics sanded and painted by autopainter (carpainter)

Thats just some of it.. There is a very long list if i shoud list everything.. :)

Last edited:
looks and sounds good, seems like quite tight place to be working in

IT IS! :) It sure would have been nice to have a real workshop..

But I actually think we/I did really good! :) I mean considering this is a public storage facility where you can rent a room. That we then completly dis-assembled and assembled an entire Blaster haha - not to mention recording a movie ! :) .. Its actually hillarious .. some times when other people/customers came by they just stood with open mouth while everything was all over the floor and a rolling camera was present. Of corse i cutted that part out... I remember one time the cleaning guy came by.. floor cleaning.. he just stood there: What are you doing? I then very confident answered : I´m building an ATV! :-D Ehhh ok! he said and had to go all the way around. . . . .

Last edited:
Ohhhh i forgot another great feature is I drilled the rivets out of the brand new oem left front fender and removed the 2 signs ... then filled with polyester and sanded it down before paint.. so it looks totally like there never was anything but a smooth nice surface..

Ohhhh i forgot another great feature is I drilled the rivets out of the brand new oem left front fender and removed the 2 signs ... then filled with polyester and sanded it down before paint.. so it looks totally like there never was anything but a smooth nice surface..

nice touch!! I:I

That is a really nice build! I like all of your videos. I want to fix my blaster really bad but my dad might sell it because i got a new bike.

That is a really nice build! I like all of your videos. I want to fix my blaster really bad but my dad might sell it because i got a new bike.

Thanks you so much! That makes it worh to "produce" when people likes it! I:I

Is that your bike in your sig? Is it a Honda 2 stroke? look nice! :) Its actually funny, I know a guy who also has a Honda 125... Its a 1999 with a 01 engine. . . Its going through a top-end rebuild though... It rattles awfully .. Its piston slap.. plus the cylinder and piston has seen better days! :.. So we ordered a Wiseco 55mm and are gonna get the the cyl. bored to match.

What do you like the most? Rideing a 2wheeler og 4wheeler?

Wow execllent job!! Both on the blaster and video editing, evrything flowed together nicely.
Keep up the great vids!

Thanks man!!! Im really thrilled that people likes it, because it takes quite some time to do everything! even the mechaincal stuff because you have to relocate camera etc. and of corz the editing - music creation etc etc.. But if people like myself enjoy it i will definatly be making some more in the future! I:I

Actually i hope here on saturday that i can make my long awaited and first snow movie! .. It would be a great opportunity to take a first ride on a field full of snow! :)

Try to really hammer that throttle and see what it got!