Project Black and Blue official build thread

88' blaster

Sep 18, 2010
new castle pa
im well into my build and thought why not make the official thread for it.

started off with a 83 kdx 200. beat. rebuilt. no powerband. pretty much was the worst bike i had ever had
016-1.jpg

traded it for my blaster
get-attachment-3aspx-1.jpg

blaster5.jpg

blaster3.jpg

blaster1.jpg

the guy told me it was a 92(its and 88) and said it had wiring issues.

so i bought a new wiring harness for it. bam fired up.
got it in running order took it out and it went really slow. so i come on here after xKronik13x told me about it and it ended up that my clutch was out of order. so slick came up to my house and helped me out. after that it ran almost perfect. then 24 hours later the motor blew. i think it was because i did not have the balancer gear by the clutch. so i took it down to frame and did some painting while the motor was off being fixed
013.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

now some blue paint

100_1377.jpg

well $850 and almost a month at the shop my motor was completely rebuilt. i put it all back together and it would not run for the life of it and when i did get it started it ran so hot i was in fear on melting the piston. so i took it back to the shop and almost another month and $109 later to fix the shops mistakes i have a good running blaster. maybe about 2-3 months it ran great and i loved it. one day i took it out and it would not fire up. i did not know what it was so i checked the reeds. sure enough i broke one off. so now it was new reed time i got some boyesen power reeds (soon to be replaced by vf3 or rad valve) and it was fine.

pic of it as it sits now(w/o warrior hubs and rims also there is a hood on it)

008.jpg

it has been really fun but recently it blew a head gasket and clutch case gasket so im working on getting that fixed.

here is a list of stuff im going to eventually get as soon as i get the money

cfm box
elka or fox shocks
a 03+ hood vented or not
4 gallon tank
rear grab bar.
f7 or toomey pipe.
+3 vitos crank
clutch gasket
carbon fiber oil cover plate. (likes ken oconners)
head gasket
asv levers. blue
open style handgards
03+ plastic
+2.5 a-arms
+3.5 swingarm
+2-4 axle
a nice carrier
some wheel spacers
norman 88-02 spindles
front hydros
vf3 reeds
nerfs with heal gards
case saver
blingstar victory bumper
+2 anti vibe stem
loanstar bar clamp
air scoops
ricks stater
hydro clutch
a/m swing arm plate
blue +4 chain for swingarm
full underbody armer
front sprocket
back sprocket
ken oconner milled head
ken oconner ported cylinder
beadlock rims
and there is much much more to come

thanks for looking and will keep you up dated

u should have done the shocks black and swinger black, to really set off the color scheme, but it looks good like it is. big transformation

this build is about to go really active. getting rid of my kx 100 rm 80 and ps3 for 1200 tomorrow. some much need parts will be ordered asap including the f7 fatty toomey silencer 03+ plastic. vf3s or rad valve. new tires and some new rims. extenden a-arms and swing arm and axle.

well waiting on gaskets to come in and ordering another piston on friday. gave mt pro-lite kit to xkron. id rather see his nice ken ported blaster up and running than my duct-tape mess