Problems mounting my FMF system

bigred

May 4, 2011
Huntsville, ON
I have tried to mount my FMF Fatty pipe and power core 2 silencer to my bike but the silencer mounting holes dont like up with the mounting spots on the frame!! Seems to be about an inch or so short. Im not too sure what kind of flange I used, it was one my buddy had in his shop. Could this be my problem? Do I need to use an FMF flange with this set up?? Thanks.

my bud had that problem before. i doubt it is the flange as long as it is very similair to the fmf flange and allows the pipe to sit up close the the cylinder. i think he got the upper, rear mount to line up and just used that one mount to secure the silencer. i dont remmeber him having any problems running it like that. alot of silencers just use one mounting bolt anyway.

if anything just make a small hanger or 2 for it. flat steel or alminum, cut it to size, drill 2 holes and your done.

Try losening all the mounting hardware from the flange and the expansion chamber,and anything else that might attach it to the bike. Losen it alot,then try to fit the system in place!Then after all the bolts are started tighten em up!