Problem staying on

97Blasty222

Mar 26, 2018
Okay so.. my first post but i am a 2 stroke mechanic and i have my personal 97 blaster with a trail port done by myself 67.25 mm weisco piston all new bottom end weisco crank, seals and bearings
I currently have boyesen stock reeds but today im installing vforce 4 carbon reeds with the vforce 4 cage she has a fmf gold series fatty and a powercore 2 tusk clutch kit and right now im currently running a 28mm keihin pe off a rm85 and used the jets off my 39mm keihin both pilot and main she was leaking gas out of the bowl but i adjusted the float and the pilot jet was broken before since i swapped them out i got no more gas overflowing in the bowl

But the real issue is she wants to crank she does and will ride for about 20-30 seconds and will bog out and turn off and it will be hard to start again after she cranks for those couple of seconds ( mind u she is a one kicker even dont matter how cold she is she starts right up ever since my rebuild) and i wanted to mention she backfires after she doesnt want to start again im ruling out my coil up to the boot because she is getting spark and cranking but im really stumped because it does sound like a deep toned rich bog after those couple of seconds but she throws a backfire when shes off and doesnt want to crank, any advice would be appreciated.

My blasters killswith is funny and causes this , it will start with the killswitch engaged and will run for a good 15 seconds and then let out a good backfire and shut off , it sounds ridiculous but make sure your killswitch is in the on position lol

Okay so.. my first post but i am a 2 stroke mechanic and i have my personal 97 blaster with a trail port done by myself 67.25 mm weisco piston all new bottom end weisco crank, seals and bearings
I currently have boyesen stock reeds but today im installing vforce 4 carbon reeds with the vforce 4 cage she has a fmf gold series fatty and a powercore 2 tusk clutch kit and right now im currently running a 28mm keihin pe off a rm85 and used the jets off my 39mm keihin both pilot and main she was leaking gas out of the bowl but i adjusted the float and the pilot jet was broken before since i swapped them out i got no more gas overflowing in the bowl

But the real issue is she wants to crank she does and will ride for about 20-30 seconds and will bog out and turn off and it will be hard to start again after she cranks for those couple of seconds ( mind u she is a one kicker even dont matter how cold she is she starts right up ever since my rebuild) and i wanted to mention she backfires after she doesnt want to start again im ruling out my coil up to the boot because she is getting spark and cranking but im really stumped because it does sound like a deep toned rich bog after those couple of seconds but she throws a backfire when shes off and doesnt want to crank, any advice would be appreciated.
My blasters killswith is funny and causes this , it will start with the killswitch engaged and will run for a good 15 seconds and then let out a good backfire and shut off , it sounds ridiculous but make sure your killswitch is in the on position lol
cant be ,your situation was different mine runs fine for those 30 seconds and bogs down and dies when that happens and after a couple kicks trying to get her back on she will throw a backfire and a homie of mine said that 2 strokes shouldnt throw backfires even while your kicking

cant be ,your situation was different mine runs fine for those 30 seconds and bogs down and dies when that happens and after a couple kicks trying to get her back on she will throw a backfire and a homie of mine said that 2 strokes shouldnt throw backfires even while your kicking
Have you checked for air leaks ?

After installing the uni air filter on my carb which i was running open before shes running perfectly fine.. maybe my reeds are not sealing completely or something else but with the filter now she is running heres a vid of me trying to get it bogging down and it just kept working instead
Have you checked for air leaks ?