probem with clutch?

hemikidd

Feb 2, 2011
queens NY
after fixing few things on the bike an doing the block off to oil. i went for a full ride an i noticed when i try to shift into N from 2nd i have to fight the pedal really hard to get it in gear it almost does not want to go in N .. what can this be someone help

nope, have you changed your tranny fluid since you got the bike. just use plain 10w-30 motor oil to the site glass on the right side of bike at the bottom left side of the clutchcover. also be sure your clutch it pulling completely. how much slack is in your clutch cable?

thats another thing im not even sure if i need yet .. when i pull the clutch in the cable dosnt recoil all the way back.. it engages but dosnt recoil all the way. the handle still sticks out some..

i need a few parts but i cant post a thread in sale section

there is an adjustment on the cable where it meets the handle. unscrew it untill you have about a 1/2 of slack when you let off the clutch
I dont use synthetic but some may. as long as it doesnt have friction modifiers you are good

there is an adjustment on the cable where it meets the handle. unscrew it untill you have about a 1/2 of slack when you let off the clutch
I dont use synthetic but some may. as long as it doesnt have friction modifiers you are good

did all the adjustments to that cable i think its just really streched out an need a new one.. i havent found a cheap one yet.. an from what my freind said the spring on the end of the cable on bottom of bike is not recoiling all the way idk if that need to be changed an if its possible

nope, have you changed your tranny fluid since you got the bike. just use plain 10w-30 motor oil to the site glass on the right side of bike at the bottom left side of the clutchcover. also be sure your clutch it pulling completely. how much slack is in your clutch cable?

NO NO NO! DONT YOU USE regular motor oil! I repeat, DO NOT use regular motor oil! It will burn up the clutch!
Use only 2 stoke synthetic transmission fluid designed for wet clutches!

Not to sound like a dick here, but if your going to give people information, at least be right when using it... again i dont want to sound like a dick.
Go to your local dealer or go online and get some. Regular motor oil isnt designed to deal with these types of clutches.

This is what I always ran and loved it.
Pro Honda HP Transmission Oil 80w/85w 32 oz. | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Any of these on this page will work however...
Dirt Bike | ATV | Motorcycle Oil | Transmission Oil | Gear Lube | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Not to sound like a dick here, but if your going to give people information, at least be right when using it... again i dont want to sound like a dick. Regular motor oil that doesnt have friction modifiers works fine with these types of clutches. Lots of people will also use automatic transmission fluid type f, it is very cheap and you can get it at almost any auto parts store. Some of us have been running motor oil and atf fluid since before others were even born and havent burned a clutch out due to the oil. If you have the extra money to buy the expensive oil and it helps you sleep better at night knowing you run only the best then by all means spend the extra money but I have been using 10w-30 for a long time and have yet to find any ill effects on my clutch.