Pressure plate

Richard1039

Mar 30, 2019
I did a top end rebuild and replaced oil seals while it was out of blaster. Putting everything back together and the pressure plate seems like it is to tight.(can’t move it by hand at actuator after adjusting outer rod to the middle line in case). Should it be this tough to move by hand? Just figured I could move by hand and see pressure plate push out. It will move back and forth just fine before I tighten spring bolts down. Just trying to see if this is normal?

I don't think it will move by hand and yes it will get tight with the springs tightened down

I don't think it will move by hand and yes it will get tight with the springs tightened down
Ok thank you! Putting it back in today and see what she does. If not it’s just that adjuster needing it. Got it adjusted to mark in case. Everything else was good

2 dots aligned on plate and basket ?

full

Reactions: Richard1039
Got it all hooked up and can’t even get clutch cable on cause it is so tight. I did the rod adjustment right. So I’m kind of stumped now that everything looked good going back in....any suggestions? Just goes to where it touches the ball and halfway and won’t move past that.

Maybe a stupid suggestion, but something that made the clutch stick on my blaster when I rebuilt it: Manhandling the clutch basket raised some burrs along the grooves into which the clutch plates key. The plate edges would catch on these burrs and made moving the plates difficult. I had to remove the basket and file down the burrs, and then it ran smoothly and has ever since. I'm pretty sure on my (stock) blaster, I could move the actuator by hand, although it does take some force.

Not everyone is as bad at removing clutches as me though - I only made the proper clutch tool on the second attempt :D

I’ll check that out when I open it back up here soon. Looked pretty smooth to me. Maybe I put pressure plate on to tight or something like that. Gotta be something stupid cause it worked before I rebuilt it just smoked a lot. I’ll let ya know what I find

Reactions: MR_Effing_Rose
Got to it today and got the pressure plate to disengage and back in fine. I’m just wondering how much movement it should have with clutch in. Got this video to see what you guys think

Attachments

• Video.mov.zip
    730.8 KB · Views: 230
Last edited: