Premix Oil!

Rashid1739

Apr 9, 2012
Fond du Lac, WI
Hey guys, so I always use Amsoil Interceptor oil for my premix oil, but the store i buy the oil from has been out of the Interceptor oil for 3 weeks. I have looked other places but cant seem to find it. I really dont wanna use another oil because I live by Amsoil haha, but it looks like ill have to switch oil for a couple weeks. So my question is what are other good oils?

I use castor 927 in my blaster with excellent results I recently found that its beam oil from a member ( blaaster) ! Smells good burning ( not good but a sweet smell kinda)

Anywho I love it mixes good 32:1 burns nice an never had a problem love it!

Amsoil Interceptor is a synthetic oil so the change to 927 should be ok, mineral oils do not mix well with bean oil.

Be wary if you are running your present oil at 50:1 and change to 32:1 r 25:1 bean oil as the jetting may need to be adjusted.

Putting more oil in the mix leans out the fuel ratio, going from 50 to 32 parts of gas leans out by about 1 jet size.

Amsoil Interceptor is a synthetic oil so the change to 927 should be ok, mineral oils do not mix well with bean oil.

Be wary if you are running your present oil at 50:1 and change to 32:1 r 25:1 bean oil as the jetting may need to be adjusted.

Putting more oil in the mix leans out the fuel ratio, going from 50 to 32 parts of gas leans out by about 1 jet size.

I always run 32:1

I have also run am soil to am loved it ( braaaptor, a member) swears by it an offered me some with a jet change at 50:1 tho ran real nice so if u like the amsoil I'll bet u will like the castor 927 it's nice

I used to run 927 back in the early 90's in my 250r's because of the smell. When my son started racing mini quads, we ran it too but then after rebuilding a few of our race motors I noticed the massive buildup of carbon in the head. I took one motor apart after 3 races and it was not pretty to see flakes of carbon deposits.
I since then changed to Amsoil Dominator and it is the best oil we have ever ran.
My sons airsal race blaster motor runs 32:1 on it, yes I know it's designed to run 50:1 but I would rather it be rich.
I took his motor apart after 10 races to change rings just for routine maintenance of racing and I will promise you it really didn't need the rings and the cylinder, piston, rings and head all looked as polished as the day We built the motor.
My builder was impressed and now also recommends it. Rick at RTR has been building 2 stroke race motors for 40yrs. He has a few customers who ship their drag banshee motors over from England to get them built for drag racing.
Remember I am running airsal cylinders which are nikasil not steel sleeves so oil is very important when a Nik job costs over $200 each time plus about $40 for round trip shipping.

Maxima 927 or Castrol R30, been running them forever, pulled the head off last month to see if the rechambered head was collecting carbon and not a trace of it.

Jet the motor correctly and even at 25:1 there will be no carbon build up.

Good luck with 927 And the little jab about jet the motor correctly was amusing. I have been tuning 2 stroke engines exclusively for 6 years now and racing year long series all 6 of them. My son finished on the podium every year. I know how to jet correctly sir. To each their own, I state facts whether popular or not. A castor based oil will produce much more carbon that a synthetic. That's just a fact. But it does smell good