Power Advice thread???

Nov 1, 2013
Batesville arkansas
Has anyone who is really knowledgable with mods done a bang for your buck thread. Would be nice to know which mods to do that are the best bang for your buck. For instance I know nothing about power upgrades. What's the best to do first? Bolt ons like exhaust or reeds. Or should you go strait to porting your motor. Didn't know if one of these had been done already.

There are two ways to start with a stock blaster
1) rape it all at once (porting, head mod, pipe etc.etc.)
2) buy a pipe, ride a while then port it and decided you need a different pipe for the aggressive port and lose money in that area

If you can find a good used pipe, suited for what you plan to do, that is where you need to start.

Reeds dont add power, just a little crisper throttle (although i didnt notice much difference from stock to vforce)

Lets go through what each mod does for you

Pipe: moves the powerband rpm range up or down to better suit your riding requirements
Porting: Lots of power gained by allowing more air in and out of the engine (damn good deal for $150 from KOR)
Head mod: the gas in the chamber fires in a cleaner sense making it a little more efficient when removing exhaust. adds some power
Air box lid off (or CFM box): more air in means a better breathing engine. needed for more mods you add (mainly porting)
Lightened flywheel: Gives you faster revving engine. idk how that help if you know how to ride but apparently it does :D
Bigger carb: the bigger the more top end power you have, losing a little low end
pre-mix gas: less oil in the 32:1 mixture we use makes it burn a little cleaner and more efficient (stock injection is 18:1 way more than needed)

I agree with all but the less oil in the mix. The fuel still burns the same.

More oil increases ring sealing thereby increasing compression some.

#1 proper maintenance and correct jetting. Dirty filter, bad bearings/bushings, low compression, wrong tire pressure, hanging brakes, exhaust leak/ any leak in that matter, clean and lubed chain etc.. . <<< lots of power loss if a few of those things aren't as they should be. It's amazing how many times they are over looked and performance mods are done when there is power robbing maintenance issues that can be done for a fraction of the cost. After all before said is good. Imo I would go with air box mod, reeds, timing advance, gasket matching, exhaust for your riding style, a properly modified head, etc.. also remember you can have a screaming performance motor but if you cant handle it than what good is it. Handling upgrades should also be considered when you start moving up the performance ladder.

Last edited:
Has anyone who is really knowledgable with mods done a bang for your buck thread. Would be nice to know which mods to do that are the best bang for your buck. For instance I know nothing about power upgrades. What's the best to do first? Bolt ons like exhaust or reeds. Or should you go strait to porting your motor. Didn't know if one of these had been done already.

Yawn... Yeah, only LIKE A HUNDRED TIMES!
Here is one from the recent past (with pictures):
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/hp-gain-from-mods.59784/page-2#post-754916

There is more. My son and I have 3 Blasters at the moment, all faster than his Banshee or my 660 Raptor.

Steve