Possible BASTARDIZATION

Budget_Blaster

Dec 25, 2009
Illinois
Ok i ran across a chinese knock off of what i think looks like an odyssey but the engine is a 150cc gy6 scooter motor and is locked up which dont bother me a bit since theyre garbage.

So the guy wants 75 bucks for it and ive got a spare blaster engine when im done with this 240 kit and no home.so i thought about strapping the engine on it but dont know how well it would do without the engine in direct air flow?the gy6 has a built in fan like a lawn mower.

The swap its self wont be hard but if i cant cool the engine its pointless.

Before the nay sayers comment yes i know the quality of these chin chin knockoffs isnt perfect but im doing this for more of a cruiser in my town we can now have utv's and golf carts on the street in village limits as long as it has signals lights and so on.this thing will be for my daughter and girlfriend to cruise around in town and possibly riding in the river beds.

So what you guys think i can do to keep it cool with two people in seats sitting in front of it??

Nah you cant its similar a lawnmower flywheel with the fan built onto it.

I was in the garage last night and came across on a 6.5in flexalite electric fan rated at 295cfm at 4amps.ill have to run a battery of some sort for the lights so if 295cfm would help i may be onto something.

Yeah I would say air scoops would be a cheap solutiont to the problem. They dont need to be MASSIVE since you will have 2 but as they say..... THE BIGGER THE BETTER!! Hahaha I had to say it. =]

Idk if im getting the old lady really wants my blaster and i really want a banshee plus ive got so many toys now i barely have room my garage is only 785 sq ft.

Would be pretty neat though decisions decisions.