porting

strokeittwice443

Nov 23, 2009
VA
just wondering about porting.
i talked to the guy i got my blaster from, which has a Vito's 240 kit, and he said that it is "off the shelf" porting. not sure what that means.
how do i tell what type of porting my cylinder has, and if it is good or not?
if "off the shelf" means it hasnt been ported, can anyone recomend a reputable person to do this.

thank for the help in advance.

I personaly dont think it is ported off the shelf, but then again I live in South Africa,lol, there is a couple of guy's on here that do porting,

Wild card
Flowtec
Kennedy power

the rest I don't know or have forgotten. IMO ill go for Wild Card or Kennedy because thay are the two I have hurd from the most and by the sounds of things thay do excelent work contact them and deside for your self who give's the best info and service

off the shelf is referring to the company (vitos) porting it during production. whereas my cylinder (stock) was sent out to a builder (flotek) and was ported.

what they mean is that it has a more aggressive port layout than a typical cylinder and it is built into their production cylinder. it will still need work and if you are limited by funds i would just have your stock cylinder ported. as far as builders I have spoke with all of the builders on this site and they all know their stuff.....i would recommend you contacting them and pick the one you like best.

pretty much but as others said the vitos one they claim is better than that of stock porting. but it isnt anything to be replaced with actual porting.

well, ive done a bunch of reaserch over the past few days and have settled with going with Flotek.
i've read many great story's about his work and seen some vids of his work in action.

thanks for everyones reply's.