port/polish facts

tjsdaname

Oct 17, 2007
IA
I really want to send mine out to flotek to get it ported but my grandpa doesent want to send it to someone to get it done because he doesent want them to screw it up and he doesent want to do any major motor mods:(:(

so lets here the facts about getting an engine ported like how much power it will make, how reliable it is, will I half to mill my head, or get a bigger carb

i spent 350 on p&p w/ head mods. it was an amazing increase. i had it done by east coast atv. you won't get the full potential until you have air flow everywhere. p&p w/o bigger carb and exhaust won't be that great as you aren't flowing as much air as possible. everything has to bigger to flow more air, to make more power. as for reliability its all about jetting you need to make sure that you are not lean.

i sent my cylinderto be ported, head to be milled, and flywheel to be lightened by flotek....denny does amazing work....i've had no problems....and on top of that for the price u cant beat it$140 for porting...$40 for milled head.....and if u want ur flywheel done thats only $40....but u will need a better exaust eventually.....but what u have with the port work will still open it up big time

yeah I have F7 exhaust right now and I want to try to find a used 28mm carb what size do you recomend???

The port and polish will not cause any harm to the reliability of the motor if YOU set it up correctly and MAINTAIN it correctly. We have had the most extreme motor mods done and punished the motors to the ragged edge and had no problems with reliabilty, but we took care of them too after each and every race.

As far as power you don't have far to look for the best in the business. Diamond racing has been doing my motors for many years, and not just blasters. We have had many motors done by other top name and some that call themselves engine guru's and nobody has ever outperformed the Diamond engines.

The cost is probably higher but there is a reason for that. His work has been tested by the best and hasn't disappointed.

Do not be hesitant on the relaibility if done correctly.

Yup

Ditto that and would go so far to say that a well tuned P&P'd motor is gonna last longer. If you are going to ride the snot out of it, a stock motor vs. one that's well set up should also give better service as long as you service it.

A