PLZ help! "Swingarm chain protector" ..

lassek

Feb 23, 2009
Sweden, Denmark is my native
Hi all.

I have a Q :

I recently powdercoated my swingarm and made a full rebuild to the entire body. But as everything is assembled I just wanted to know if there is supposed to be a plastic/rubber protector on the swingarm (front) almost where the small sprocket is? Something like a sticker only rubber maybe? Its because my chain is touching the swingarm just a little bit.. But if I dont find a solution the paint will be gone fast!

IS there a OEM piece?

YES,there is an OEM piece that goes over it..its like a plastic cap/chain slider.im not sure of the exact name of it,but im sure someone will post it up for you.

You can take a piece of plexi or a cheap cutting board and cut a thin strip of it off and heat it up with a heat gun and make the bend around the front of the swing arm..shape it with a dremel....when your happy with that then counter sink a few holes and drill the swingarm out and tap it for the holes.

just buy the chain roller, or the chain is gonna eat thru your swinger, and yes you have to drop the swinger to get it on