plug chop /toomey questions

warmeck

Dec 25, 2012
Connecticut
what can i use to cut the threads on my plug? When i get my toomey what exactly is the point of plug chopping a 300 and 320 if they are going to be lean and rich? knowing that 310 is the correct size? or does it varey for individual blasters even tho mines is stock?

The reason for plug chopping is because every bike is a little different. With different mods and different riding elevations it is impossible to say what jet will be perfect.

The reason for plug chopping is because every bike is a little different. With different mods and different riding elevations it is impossible to say what jet will be perfect.

i see well if i knew i had no mods stock motor and my elevation could you guys tell me what jet it could be? so i can save money?

Jets are $3 - $5 dollars, a new top end is roughly $100 plus $40 - $50 for the bore and hone . . . Would you rather spend the $9 - $15 now buying 3 different sized jets or the $150 on the top end rebuild in the near future ?

We CAN give you a range that will be pretty damn close to where you should be at, but we CAN NOT give you the exact size. You have to remember there are many variables that effect jetting . . . Mods, premix ratio, temperature, humidity, altitude etc. Your jetting in the summer will be different in the winter, so reguardless you will need more than just 1 jet ! Don't look at it as money wasted bro, look at it as money well spent.

We CAN give you a range that will be pretty damn close to where you should be at, but we CAN NOT give you the exact size. You have to remember there are many variables that effect jetting . . . Mods, premix ratio, temperature, humidity, altitude etc. Your jetting in the summer will be different in the winter, so reguardless you will need more than just 1 jet ! Don't look at it as money wasted bro, look at it as money well spent.

thanks, i will put the money in then. What do you use to cut the threads off a plug for a plug chop?

I used to use a saw saw with a metal blade but that tends to hop around too much ... Now I use a hack saw, as long as the teeth on the blade arnt too dull it cuts through the plug threads like butter !