Plug chop on bench?

ChrisZx7

May 15, 2012
Rochester, Ny
Can you do a plug chop while bench testing engine? Just thinking if throwing a fan in front of engine and doing same thing as you would be riding it would work for plug chop?

Hmmmm how would you load a motor on the bench? connect the sprocket by chain to another sprocket with some sort of resistance?

Hmmmm how would you load a motor on the bench? connect the sprocket by chain to another sprocket with some sort of resistance?

It can be done by driving an electrical generator and then placing a heavy load like a carbon pile resistor over the output.

There is a similar device to load test starter motors.

It can be done by driving an electrical generator and then placing a heavy load like a carbon pile resistor over the output.

There is a similar device to load test starter motors.

ahhhhh cool! Lets see somebody rig one up I:I

ahhhhh cool! Lets see somebody rig one up I:I

What and take away that massive adrenaline rush when you are hurtling toward that distant fence, toying with either 5th or 6th gear and praying that you will be able to stop in time.

It will spoil all the fun of a plug chop.

What and take away that massive adrenaline rush when you are hurtling toward that distant fence, toying with either 5th or 6th gear and praying that you will be able to stop in time.

It will spoil all the fun of a plug chop.

Lol. Im gonna plug chop mine right on my road.