PLEASE READ!!

regal81455

Dec 26, 2007
Please don't take this the wrong way but I've noticed an increasing number of posts on here telling people how to do something and yet they obviously have no clue how to do it RIGHT...Im not against people sharing ideas but for someone to tell someone else how to do something that inherently puts themselves, others, and there equipment at risk is just plain wrong. I implore the admins/moderators figure a way to limit the amount of posting in technical areas in this forum. Not sure how to do this but Im sure we can figure out a reasonable solution to this problem.

there is a thread called ask the pros. i too have seen people say things that will break more stuff.

BEWARE: do not read everything u read! research yourself after to see if its correct

Please don't take this the wrong way but I've noticed an increasing number of posts on here telling people how to do something and yet they obviously have no clue how to do it RIGHT...Im not against people sharing ideas but for someone to tell someone else how to do something that inherently puts themselves, others, and there equipment at risk is just plain wrong. I implore the admins/moderators figure a way to limit the amount of posting in technical areas in this forum. Not sure how to do this but Im sure we can figure out a reasonable solution to this problem.

We certainly cannot put everyones posts in moderation queue and have each post reviewed by a Yamaha technician before the post is actually posted. That would just defeat the purpose of a discussion forum and all you would need then is just the manual. Like dirtyblaster said, you must research any information you get, listen to more then one opinion/point of view, and just be a smart user. Thats what were all here for, to get many points of views and ideas, as there is not always one way of doing something right.

However, we have addressed this issue already and created the "Ask A Pro" section. This section is very limited to the amount of posting, as you have suggested. Only Technicians, Forum Supporters and soon, users with over 600 posts, will be able to post in that section. In addition , that section is moderated by Yamaha technicians that can delete/change posts that they feel are not helpful or worse, do damage.

We are always open to more suggestions if you have any. Thanks!