Please help!!

Devilman910

Dec 20, 2010
29 palms ca
My blaster will not shift I was advised on here to replace the shift shaft and torsion spring, I changed them and no luck. I figured out today that it will cycle through the gears only if you spin the shaft the clutch is on at the same time you are trying to shift I really need help with this if anyone can. The blaster is 100% stock 1999 model

having to spin the output shaft, or having the engine running, is common to get it to shift.
you do not have a problem if it shifted while spinning the shaft.

That makes me feel alot better thought I was looking at a new tans it scared me because I never had that problem before I had to replace the shift shaft

That makes me feel alot better thought I was looking at a new tans it scared me because I never had that problem before I had to replace the shift shaft

tore my first bottom end rebuild back apart 6 times before i said "F it" it's now a 3 speed, LOL
once running all was fine

The new shaft absolutely fixed the problem the bend was so slight I never would have thought it that was the problem I also changed the torsion spring just for good measure