please help with this project

william reilly

Jun 13, 2015
2001 yamaha blaster 200 this is a bit long my motor blew up so i bought a parts blaster but when to pull the motor it has a yamaha 250cc i dont know if they came out with a 250cc model or sold a separate aftermarket motor the problem is the stock fatty of my old blaster is different hook up and size and the locashon is different does any one have info or know where to get a fatty any info would be helpful

Attachments

• i phone#3 001.JPG
    i phone#3 001.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 258
  • i phone#3 002.JPG
    i phone#3 002.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 269
  • i phone#3 003.JPG
    i phone#3 003.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 272
  • i phone#3 004.JPG
    i phone#3 004.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 280
  • i phone#3 005.JPG
    i phone#3 005.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 277
  • i phone#3 006.JPG
    i phone#3 006.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 303
  • i phone#3 007.JPG
    i phone#3 007.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 281
it looks like a dirt bike engine.
not an origional blaster engine/your pipe dont fit cuz it was not made to be in a blaster and you need a diff flange at the least:D
im not sure as of know but look at this any hoot lol:)

Yamaha-DT-250-Pauls.JPG

Last edited:
i dont know cuz im not even sure what engine that is:)
you should have your origional engine rebuilt by @OConnor Racing
or at least find out what ancient engine you got going on there :)
give it some time on here im sure someone on here can tell you what engine that is.....
Thanks I was rebuilding the original anyway but I found this

According to google search on 25y, it looks like a 1983 IT 250. Stick with a Blaster motor.

Unless you bought it already running, might be more work than worth. Was it mounted in frame?
Wires hooked up? carb complete? Obviously didn't have a pipe hooked up, which is actually the hardest part of an engine swap.

That engine will not work without modification. its a 2-stroke for sure, but old. maybe late 70s to early 80s

air cooled, no oil injection, i also dont see valves.

on the left side of the cylinder, did it say 250cc? or are you assuming?
it says 149cm3

Unless you bought it already running, might be more work than worth. Was it mounted in frame?
Wires hooked up? carb complete? Obviously didn't have a pipe hooked up, which is actually the hardest part of an engine swap.
it was mouted and the electric system was working i could have started it but without a pipe i dident