(please help) Whats the best blaster exhaust system ??

blaster212

Oct 22, 2009
south africa
Hey guys i dont know if you can help but if you can please do.I am looking for a good exhaust system for my blaster i heard nothing but good things about the toomey b1 but i heard the alien dmc is also good if you buy the jetting kit,air filter and other stuff so im not sure which 1 is better or if there is any other pipes that are better let me know please help.I:I

Last edited:
i have a toomey b1 on my blaster and that thing rips!
id choose that over dmc tho
get some reeds with it and you will be set man

Toomey,shearer,procircuit,dmc,paulturner,----theres many many good systems out there.. what do you want? highend,midrange,or low end?? go with a toomey or shearer...i have a shearer... just depends what riding styles you do.so my conclusion?? toomey,or shearer....

Hey guys i dont know if you can help but if you can please do.I am looking for a good exhaust system for my blaster i heard nothing but good things about the toomey b1 but i heard the alien dmc is also good if you buy the jetting kit,air filter and other stuff so im not sure which 1 is better or if there is any other pipes that are better let me know please help.I:I

I currently have an FMF and Shearer exhaust for my Blasters. I prefer the DMC to the Toomey because I hate the sound of the Toomey as it is very loud and sounds tinny. The Toomey does make good power on top but it is lacking in the lower rpms and from what I have read it is not as good of a pipe if you are going to modify your engine as other designs are respond better. There are a ton of posts on this site. If I were you I would use the search function and read the posts. You have to decide what rpm range that you ride in most of the time to decide which will be the best for you.

below is what I said about some pipes in another post:

-If you already have the DG, I would just stick with it. If you need more low-end power then I would just re-gear your Blaster. The DG may not be the best for a Blaster but it is better than stock. Save your money for more important things like maintenance and gas. Before I spent the money on a new pipe, I would get a trail port and polish. I have a Shearer, sold my FMF to my friend for his daughter. I have ridden a Blaster with a Toomey, and liked both the Shearer and the FMF better than the Toomey for trail riding, as the Toomey is too much a top-end exhaust. Stick with pipes that build power in the low to midrange for trail riding, as they will run better in those ranges than a top-end biased exhaust.

-My argument is not what is a good pipe but trying to get the best performance for the least money for this person. He already has the DG why not make the most use of it. If he did not already have the exhaust, then I would be all for a Toomey if it suited his needs. I think that there are better exhausts for his riding than a Toomey like a Shearer or Dyno Port and it would be hard for me to pick a Toomey over a LRD, Power Pros (or clones), or Fat Bastard if I where going for a mid-top exhaust. These are all great pipes but he ALREADY has a DG and a limited budget and is looking for a little more power. He would be better off in the end by spending his money elsewhere instead of replacing better-than-stock components. I am not trying to argue but help develop a solid package for little money. This is just my .02 ........

-I have a Shearer and did have an FMF and have ridden Blasters with the Toomey B1 kit. The Toomey is nowhere near as strong in the mid-range as the Shearer and if you go to their site you can see by the dyno chart they post that their pipe is a mid-top pipe (also when I called them this is what they told me). Surprisingly, their pipe is weaker than stock until around 5600 rpm and it is not much stronger than an FMF until around 6500rpm. I would also go as far to say that a ported and polished Blaster with a stock modded exhaust would produce a better powerband than a stock engine with a Toomey until @7500rpm. He can have a ported cylinder and head for less than $200 (shipped) and this is less than the $329+ shipping ($20-30) for a Toomey B1 kit. With porting and headwork along with his DG he will definitely have more low to mid-range power than with his stock engine and a Toomey. How many different exhausts have you ridden on a Blaster? I have ridden with my Shearer, FMF, stock, stock modded, Toomey, and a little with an LRD. Save the kid, some money, as $150 will buy a lot of gas (or other mods like a lightened flywheel, reeds, Banshee front/400ex rear shocks, and front sprocket) Below is a link to the Toomey chart that I reference in the above paragraph.

http://www.toomey.com/image/products/blaster/BlasterFinalComparison.htm

I should also be noted that in Toomey's testing all of the pipes are weaker than stock until around 5300rpm and I bet if you gutted the stock exhaust and got some mild porting and re-jetted your engine this set-up would be better than just adding an aftermarket exhaust. Here is the link to that thread....

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/how-good-dg-pipe-17560/index6.html

Last edited:
Reactions: blastermaster01
hey guys i think im going to go for the toomey b1 and some reeds but im not sure which reeds to go for out of boyesen or v force 3.Sorry to be such a pain and thanx for all the help.

i think dg is the best performance to cost ratio LOL AHAHAHAHHA.... anyway i would go with paul turners or sheared....the stuff that costs the most is the best LOL

I currently have an FMF and Shearer exhaust for my Blasters. I prefer the DMC to the Toomey because I hate the sound of the Toomey as it is very loud and sounds tinny. The Toomey does make good power on top but it is lacking in the lower rpms and from what I have read it is not as good of a pipe if you are going to modify your engine as other designs are respond better. There are a ton of posts on this site. If I were you I would use the search function and read the posts. You have to decide what rpm range that you ride in most of the time to decide which will be the best for you.

below is what I said about some pipes in another post:

-If you already have the DG, I would just stick with it. If you need more low-end power then I would just re-gear your Blaster. The DG may not be the best for a Blaster but it is better than stock. Save your money for more important things like maintenance and gas. Before I spent the money on a new pipe, I would get a trail port and polish. I have a Shearer, sold my FMF to my friend for his daughter. I have ridden a Blaster with a Toomey, and liked both the Shearer and the FMF better than the Toomey for trail riding, as the Toomey is too much a top-end exhaust. Stick with pipes that build power in the low to midrange for trail riding, as they will run better in those ranges than a top-end biased exhaust.

-My argument is not what is a good pipe but trying to get the best performance for the least money for this person. He already has the DG why not make the most use of it. If he did not already have the exhaust, then I would be all for a Toomey if it suited his needs. I think that there are better exhausts for his riding than a Toomey like a Shearer or Dyno Port and it would be hard for me to pick a Toomey over a LRD, Power Pros (or clones), or Fat Bastard if I where going for a mid-top exhaust. These are all great pipes but he ALREADY has a DG and a limited budget and is looking for a little more power. He would be better off in the end by spending his money elsewhere instead of replacing better-than-stock components. I am not trying to argue but help develop a solid package for little money. This is just my .02 ........

-I have a Shearer and did have an FMF and have ridden Blasters with the Toomey B1 kit. The Toomey is nowhere near as strong in the mid-range as the Shearer and if you go to their site you can see by the dyno chart they post that their pipe is a mid-top pipe (also when I called them this is what they told me). Surprisingly, their pipe is weaker than stock until around 5600 rpm and it is not much stronger than an FMF until around 6500rpm. I would also go as far to say that a ported and polished Blaster with a stock modded exhaust would produce a better powerband than a stock engine with a Toomey until @7500rpm. He can have a ported cylinder and head for less than $200 (shipped) and this is less than the $329+ shipping ($20-30) for a Toomey B1 kit. With porting and headwork along with his DG he will definitely have more low to mid-range power than with his stock engine and a Toomey. How many different exhausts have you ridden on a Blaster? I have ridden with my Shearer, FMF, stock, stock modded, Toomey, and a little with an LRD. Save the kid, some money, as $150 will buy a lot of gas (or other mods like a lightened flywheel, reeds, Banshee front/400ex rear shocks, and front sprocket) Below is a link to the Toomey chart that I reference in the above paragraph.

Toomey Racing USA - Blaster Final Comparison

I should also be noted that in Toomey's testing all of the pipes are weaker than stock until around 5300rpm and I bet if you gutted the stock exhaust and got some mild porting and re-jetted your engine this set-up would be better than just adding an aftermarket exhaust. Here is the link to that thread....

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/how-good-dg-pipe-17560/index6.html
Nice man rep!!!I:I