please enlighten my header woes

yes se-r

Aug 6, 2009
Long Island, NY
i cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my damn headpipe back on. i pulled the stock one of numerous times but every time im apparently dsylexic and always unable to get it back on. Now i have a nice clean shiny powerpros pipe that im smashing up because i cant figure out which way this thing goes in.

ive tried backwards upsidedown inside out left right foward i pulled everything off the fenders are gone the gas tanks gone im getting so frustrated its not even funny.

well not just powerpros, any pipe lol its not that it doesnt fit, im just retarded and cant figure out which way it goes in. and i have lost it so i came inside. being sick + 20 degree weather + snow all over = one annoyed chris

do not have the silencer on, and you have to have the fender brace off also
i didnt use the stock studs, get them out of the cylinder, i used the correct length bolts from outside the flange (allen headed ones are best), use the flange as a guide, no longer than 3/8" to 1/2" sticking into the motor
then slide the flange onto the pipe, stick the silencer end in towards the carb, and the motor side should clear the frame and slide into position, slide the flange into place and bolt on, use some hi-temp copper perma gasket on everything

Reactions: yes se-r
thanks awk ill see if i can figure it out i didnt take the bracket off so hopefully that was my mistake. i hate when i cant do something simple

EDIT: i got the pipe to where it needs to be but clearly doesnt fit with the studs, so as awk said i went out and bought socket head cap screws but like a dumbass they are 1.5" so i cant use them. gotta find some 8mmx30 in 3/8" length. gonna be tough

Last edited:
with mine i found it was easier to put the flange onto the pipe then bolt it to the cylinder already put together.