Pistons ?

they are ok... but are only cast pistons it boild down like this

cast namura piston 55-60 bucks

weisco piston -----85-90 bucks

top end rebuild because you bought a cast piston 200+

i wanted a cheap build on my sons bike, so ken used a vertex piston, so far so good

top end rebuild because you bought a cast piston 200+

dont forget splittin the cases to remove the shrapnel

i dont think its that cast pistion will fry quicker just that if one breaks it breaks into lots of tiny pieces and then you run into crank problems but for me eather way weather you wana say cast pistion blow up easier or what but wiseco all the way here :)

ya i get what you guys are saying well il see how scrap goes for this week LOL

BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAR BATTERYS ARE UP TO 5$$$$$$$ A PEICE HERE just jokin

Stock pistons are cast and usually last a good long time. If you're relatively stock, and don't hammer on it hard you'll be fine. For those of you,us, me that ride it like a cheap wh*re,WFO all the time :eek: , a little extra is well worth the cost. I:I

like i said i will have to see how money things go cause its goin to cost 40$ for to get it bored out but i need the piston first

^^^ smart move. it may seem like common sence to us die hard riders, but alot of people just send in their heads to get bored without the piston. not realizing that the shop needs to match it up perfectly with the piston.

I personally perfer the Pro-X pistons! Have used them for a long time and love them! Not one bad thing to say about them to date! My machine shop says for a mild blaster the Namura pistons are great! He has had great luck with them! He knows his sh*t and I trust his opinion! I always just take him the cylinder and let him get me the piston so he can work his magic! He is only a few dollars over ebay prices anyways so I'll support him!

cast pistons are good and last longer than forged if the piston to wall clearence is dead on and maintained properly

My experience too but Blasters don't have a rev limiter and this is what happens when you go crazy:

181515_10150134020680803_4486083_n.jpg

you HAVE TO BUY wiseco,if not your going to blow your engine up for sure the instant you kick it over! Cast pistons are the junkiest things out there and you'll be spending 500$ to rebuild your whole engine! with wisecos you don't have to jet your carb or rebuild the topend ever because the wiseco will last a lifetime! And if by some chance it did break don't worry because the pieces will instanly vaporize and go right out the exhaust port!!!!!!!!!!Yea buddy!!!!!!!!!!

...I'm being sarcastic....

you HAVE TO BUY wiseco,if not your going to blow your engine up for sure the instant you kick it over! Cast pistons are the junkiest things out there and you'll be spending 500$ to rebuild your whole engine! with wisecos you don't have to jet your carb or rebuild the topend ever because the wiseco will last a lifetime! And if by some chance it did break don't worry because the pieces will instanly vaporize and go right out the exhaust port!!!!!!!!!!Yea buddy!!!!!!!!!!

...I'm being sarcastic....

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worry about your tuning not the piston materail and it wont matter!

We all have preferences mine too is wiseco but ive used and seen other brands and cast pistons used with sucess.Its all about tuning.You get that motor sealed up nice and tight,get your jetting dialed in all of course after a proper break in and you will see years of service from whatever you can afford.

I never thought about it before but yea, WHY did the piston fail? I've owned bikes all my life, mostly 2 strokes and I have always used Wiseco when I rebuilt the top end and will continue to. With that being said, I've also learned more about 2 stroke engines in the couple of months I've been here than I had in the 42 years before. Things like chamfering ports, proper break in procedure, plug chops to check jetting and leak down tester are all new to me and I'd say I've owned some sort of bike for 25 of my 42 years. The 01 I bought still has the original cast piston in it and it runs fine. It also still had the stock pipe, jetting, TORS and air box lid. It makes me wonder about the factors that lead up to the failure.

The major cause of piston skirt failure is wear.

The piston skirt, or bore becomes worn allowing the piston to slop around.

The constant hammering may cause a cast piston to crack and therefore break into pieces.

This too can happen with a forged piston, but to a much lesser extent, as forged aluminuim is so much more resilient than cast.

The causes of wear are wide and varied, old age, overheating, lack of lubrication, poor air cleaner, to mention but a few.

My lads motor is a 05, stock piston, still looks pretty good on the skirt, from viewing up the inlet.

Even though it looks good at present, before long the cast piston will be replaced with a forged one.