piston

JimmySmith

May 20, 2008
Victoria VA
is 100 $ for a .60 weisco piston a good deal? when you put them in the motor do you have to change anything in the motor (ex like jetting?) and how fast is a .60 piston vs. a stock blaster (speed comparison would be nice):)

you might have to rejet but it wont be significant, just like the power increase is not going to be significant .060 is not a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, your only gaining 2-4 extra cc's...

not pokin at your post or anything..But it makes me laugh how people are so mislead about boring..Especially around where i live they bore a blaster .060 and all the sudden it becomes a 260 blaster..im not sure how this all came about..but its funny im not pokin at u man because alot of people are mislead..in reality the less u bore the better u are..because u can only go so far and then u gotta resleeve...milled head port and polish and all those happy mods are where u will get your power...not from boring.....

^ agreed. do some research, tear that thing apart, and grab a dremel (or die grinder, as in my case). my porting experience was lots of fun, once you get into the research its insane how complex the seemingly simple 2 stroke is... what with port-time-area and all... but i enjoyed porting it a great deal. and the extra hp is definately a bonus lol.

i wouldn't just go at porting unless u have an idea on what Ur doing. could hurt more than help but like skate said u can free up some power if u know what Ur doing. just lil things help on porting and I'm just learning some on it

not pokin at your post or anything..But it makes me laugh how people are so mislead about boring..Especially around where i live they bore a blaster .060 and all the sudden it becomes a 260 blaster..im not sure how this all came about..but its funny im not pokin at u man because alot of people are mislead..in reality the less u bore the better u are..because u can only go so far and then u gotta resleeve...milled head port and polish and all those happy mods are where u will get your power...not from boring.....

totally agreed, ill look in their sigs and its will be like a 260cc blaster, then it will say.60 blah blah blah blah

wow, i didn't know all this sh*t about blowdowns and time-area and scavenging calculations! i guess you really gotta make sure you know what you're doin before diggin into the port job!
check this out: 2-stroke-porting.com - Terminology

Well Said I:I

totally agreed, ill look in their sigs and its will be like a 260cc blaster, then it will say.60 blah blah blah blah

So True :)

Jimmy ...If you can afford it get the 240 kit for a real bore out

thanks for the info guys i appriciate the info i was curious to see how it would perform i think im gonna keep it stock bored and use all my cash on my KFX thanks again