piston slap??

tjsdaname

Oct 17, 2007
IA
what is piston slap?? and how would you know if your engine is doing it??
and how would you go about fixing it??

thanks!!!!

piston slap is when ur skirt on the piston is hitting the clylinder walls because the bore is too big or worn out of the piston size, to fix it u get a hone and a new piston

when my blaster idles it makes a knocking sound it is alot noiser than it used to be.... and the bore and piston is all stock... I was wondering if just getting a wiseco topend kit would fix the problem... or do I half to sent it out to get it honed

all blasters do make a knocking sound when they idle, its normal if ur compression has dropped it means rebuild time, if it has compression leave it alone

if your motor is knocking louder than normal and your still on the stock bore, then you need a bore job and a new piston, not just a hone...

i recently talked to a guy who had the same problem, he bored out w new piston...... and it still did it so he took it to his mechanic, and i guess the cdi box had failed causing an improper timing and firing. being that it fired at the wrong time, it caused the piston to ''jerk'' wearing out the piston skirt and actually wearing out the bottom of the cylinder, just enough to cause that piston slap. he said when a new cdi box was put in after another new bore the piston slap had stopped. i dont know if this is true or not so any comments would help

Hard to tell from the vid, but it could be just some extra noise your hearing from the pipe. You hear a few more rattles when you put a pipe on.

yes it made this noise before I put the pipe on.... it just dident do it this much and it wasent as loud. I think im gonna send it to flotek and get it ported and rebuild the topend and if it needs it get it bored.....

is floteck a good place to send it there prices are not half bad......

do you guys think I should rebuild my topend..... and get it bored or honed if it needs it.....would that fix the problem????

thanks!!!!