Pipe?

blaster7

Mar 5, 2011
Martinsburg wv
Alright guys I'm looking to get a new pipe hear soon,I want what's best for my set up and hear it is>>> vitos 240bbk ported 2mm up on the exhaust and 1mm up and 1mm down on intake windows,pwk 35 A/S,UNI pod filter,br9es ngk plug,vitos 3mm stroker crank,case halfs are ported to match my transfer ports,oh and my head was moded to run no spacer plate under my cylinder and shaved for higher compression,vitos dual stage reeds with ported reed cage,now that you know that let me know what you guys think would be a good set up for this,I know f7's are good but hear there thined walled,and I really don't like the lrd,now I'll be stright with you guys the exhaust port is huge and I know what ever pipe I get will most likely need the bracket ported a bit,but let me know what you guys think?

try and find some sort of big bore pipe if you can. there far and few in between nowadays though.

yeah I know that's what I hear,how about the vitos fat bastered pipe? is it a bigbore pipe? it looks pretty good but there hard to come across as well lol,the trinity looks great as well but I'm not sure what will work with my set up ya know.

ya the vitos would do you good but like said hard to come across now.

ive had the cpi pipe and maybe it was just me but it didnt do well from stock bores to big bores, i feel like porting for that pipe needs to be done, but it kicked in so late in the band its not a fun ride and drops out of the band just as fast.

big bores usually have bigger stingers to allow more flow,

i have yet to see a pipe like toomey for highly modded blasters, against a pipe thats said to do well with engine work like a power pros. untill i see real good comparisons back to back on a modded bike, i believe you cant go wrong with any good left bend or right bend pipe. you want a pipe that kind of matches where your engine makes its best power.

you dont want a cpi pipe for example to go with a trail ported bike for low - mid setup. the power where you engine should be starting to make power doesnt matter since the cpi kicks in at an rpm where your top end is already starting to come down since the duration is too low and wasnt set up for top end.

yeah I think so to YFZ,but I don't want to shell out a good $300 to $400 on a pipe to just have someone on hear to say ohhhh man should of got this or that ya know be honest guys what would you run if you had my bike? I know everybody likes F7's but I'm not sure if a right bend pipe is quite as good as the regular pipes imo.

Did you do the port work?? The reason i ask is normally the builder will recommend the paticular pipe that best suits your motor work. I been hearing nice things about ported motors and dynoport . Myself i aint a fan of f-7 like so many others on here.

Last edited:
yeah I'm not ether jay,I did all the port work on it,all I did was raise the exhaust 2mm and intake up 1mm and down 1mm the rest of it is all cleaned up oh and I opened the transfer ports 2mm towerds the out side of the cylinder,and I cleaned up the boost ports and made them bigger as well,but that was about it,I didn't really port it towerds any pipe combo just a nice clean port job,i was looking at the vitos because it's a bigbore pipe and of corse I have a vitos bbk,but not for sure.

yeah I'm not ether jay,I did all the port work on it,all I did was raise the exhaust 2mm and intake up 1mm and down 1mm the rest of it is all cleaned up oh and I opened the transfer ports 2mm towerds the out side of the cylinder,and I cleaned up the boost ports and made them bigger as well,but that was about it,I didn't really port it towerds any pipe combo just a nice clean port job,i was looking at the vitos because it's a bigbore pipe and of corse I have a vitos bbk,but not for sure.

I doubt you will find a vito's pipe unless you score a used one. I do know a few who are running CPI pipes with BBK motors and loveing them but those are almost impossible to get too. You might want to check out a dynoport or ask those who use them on here what they think.

power pro's work good on the BB's, they have a bigger flange than most pipes. they are great mid to topend power, not horrible on bottom end, but not the best.

isn't the power pros pipe kit the F7 buddy? im'a try my best to find a vitos pipe I guess but I know it's going to be a pain,is the pipe I got now the Duncan fatboy 2 a bigbore pipe? I was pretty for sure they were but not 100% again thanks for all of the help fellows you've been great to me.

If you do happen to find the right pipe for your setup and end up selling for Duncan Fatboy 2 silencer let me kno, Il take it! I have a Vitos Fat Bastard pipe on gonna run it with for my bbk!

isn't the power pros pipe kit the F7 buddy? im'a try my best to find a vitos pipe I guess but I know it's going to be a pain,is the pipe I got now the Duncan fatboy 2 a bigbore pipe? I was pretty for sure they were but not 100% again thanks for all of the help fellows you've been great to me.

its supposed to be the same pipe. they were all built by power pros for other comapnies over the years and i believe the design might have varied slightly, but they are all similiar. i had one straight from power pro's about 5 years ago and the power was as i have already described. which PT do you have? the midrange or hi rev? PT are generally designed for stock bore and stroke modified engines. i bet it will run pretty good, better than alot of the other brands. i always like the PT hi revs on my lt250r's. they worked great with on the ported ect ect ect race LT engines. i have never ran a PT on a blaster personally..i have seen them run well at the track though.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it the hi rev model because the guy I got it off of said that's what it was,how can I tell it's the hi rev one stroked? I mean it felt great when I had it on there it would just keep going and going in last gear,@Sonia 69 I'm sure if I decide to part with it we can make a deal bud and I'll keep you in mind as the first to ask k,but I'll have to see what I'm going to do first,but as far as the PT pipe go's it's definitely built tuff because my friend well 2 of them have the f7 pipe and I picked them up and they feel cheap and thin walled ya know,and no more then a year later that little tab on the header broke so I'm not to into the f7's guys.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it the hi rev model because the guy I got it off of said that's what it was,how can I tell it's the hi rev one stroked? I mean it felt great when I had it on there it would just keep going and going in last gear,@Sonia 69 I'm sure if I decide to part with it we can make a deal bud and I'll keep you in mind as the first to ask k,but I'll have to see what I'm going to do first,but as far as the PT pipe go's it's definitely built tuff because my friend well 2 of them have the f7 pipe and I picked them up and they feel cheap and thin walled ya know,and no more then a year later that little tab on the header broke so I'm not to into the f7's guys.

on the tag where it is labeled it should be stamped either "MID" or "HI-REV" or "HI" hi-rev and hi are the same design but i have seen them stamped both ways.

oh yea it's the hi rev model lol,it says HR at the end so yep it's a hi rev,is that good?

thats what i ran on my built QR's... but the pipe choices for them are more limited. they always ran really good though. like i said no 1st hand experience with the PT blaster pipe, but they seem to run hard on the amateur quads at the dirt drags. there is a pipe shootout from dirtwheels posted on here somewhere by member 79bronco. it might have the PT HR tested, but im not sure.