pilot jet sizing

resurrected89

May 4, 2012
middle of new york
My air screw is about 6 turns out. I have a 30 pilot from a Vitos jet kit because it was recommended. I put stock 32.5 and Vitos 30 up to light and the 30 is bigger. Kinda stuck on what I should do here. Also its been running rough. It would run rough then as I road a min or so clear out now it just stays running rough I did notice exhaust donut is leaking I will change that but could that cause it? Motor is fairly new. I'm bored 60 over ,Vitos reeds , Vitos tors delete, stock air box open box top, uni filter, and full fmf.

take that vito's junk outta that carb, go out your front door and throw it as far as you can !!!!!
put the stock 32.5 pilot back in, adjust according to the link below and you'll be golden on the pilot !.........

http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet-51060/

then i like to lower the needle clip, to richen it till it falls on it's face, then back up one position,
then plug chop for a main jet.

when you re-installed the stock pilot did you put the airscrew back to 1-1/2 turns out to start ?

Yup I did I couldn't get it running. That's why I was confused. I put 30 back in and it started back up no prob. I have a carb rebuild kit to put in it so I will take your advice and rebuildkit see what happens.

yep, start with cleaning your carb. And that means more than quick douche with a spray can.

Lets see, hhmmmmmmmmm didn't run with vitos jet, yet didn't run with stock jet, but put vitos back in and it runs 8-|

Unless the stock jet is almost totally clogged there is no way in h3(( you could see the difference in hole diameter, as difference in main jets is in the .0001 range from one to another, and have to think difference in pilots is even less.

As far as Vito's jet kits I have one in the Blaster my son got with the Fat Bastard pipe and it was spot on, right down to the "suggested" needle clip on the Vito's needle.

I know of two "builders" who use Vito's. One here in Detroit area, the other is out east somewhere. :eek: WHOA,, will you look at that, the one out east even has a linc from his page right to Vito's, go figure 8-|

Is this a stock 26mm mikuni? Also, when the TORS delete was done, is the new idle screw drilled n tapped proper? What size main jet and needle position would help narrow the stumble down to. I know there's a conversion chart for most popular aftermarket jet kits to factory Mikuni #s but I can't seem to find it...

32.5 jet was very clean whole carb was clean as a whistle. Yup its stock carb I haven't messed with main much because in the pilot jet thread on here it says its a waste to mess with main until can get the pilot close. Idle screw drilled and tapped proper. Is there a way to know where to set the tors idle screw? Should I start all way one way or other?