Pikledbeats Dream Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Finally Ready For Dream Build ... Need Engine Suggestions

Oh, and yea the alien exhaust. I had gotten it from a local dealer on clearance. They had ordered it for someone who never picked it up. I got the whole setup NIB for 175 bux so just picked it up (i'm a sucker for deals or trades). I have ridden it shortly on stock setup and did have noticeable gains but yea am not sure if it will be what I end up using. Like shocks I might try flipping the exhaust and picking up something else depending on what the final engine outcome is.

Here is the mounting part of the nerf bars, I just pulled em out so they can get painted before remounting

246uh4z.jpg

Here is how they mount you can see it half slid in, there is a bolt that goes through both holes once lined up

2whqyl2.jpg

These have 03-06 brake pedal mount

The frame guards I bought new like two years ago from works connection. I think they no longer make them so might be hard to find. I've never mounted em, but they'll protect my newly coated frame nicely.

i have an lrd ill trade for the alien if u want a change or ill just take the alien if u want to sell it

I don't know about trading, something to keep in mind as a possibility, I really have not decided.

On another note no worries about axle it was easy as sh*t once I put it together, for a future note anyone installing a g-force axle on an 03-06 carrier should follow the banshee instructions not the blaster instructions as they are for an 88-02.

take the trade, the lrd has proven to be one of the top pipes for a blaster, i have one on my sons, very similar in looks, right bend , and performance to my f7

the thing about the lrd is it is good for stock to 240 kit, i have had it since i had the blaster stock and it is still performing like it should and even when it was stock it still performed, it has never let me down, i just want a diff pipe now, i have been looking at a cpi big bore pipe since i plan on stroking it and having ken porting it.

if u dont have ur motor ported man send it to ken and get it done if u havent already, it will surprise u, i had a ported motor on my bike before the 240 and honestly i think it was more responsive than the vitos 240, so its going to ken to wake it up, u got to remember these motors were made for kids so they kept them dumbed down. just a little fyi

I did talk to ken about building my motor, not doing a 240. Crank rebuild, and mild head work is all that is planned for now. I will research the pipe and will PM about trading. Is your setup in good condition, i.e. no dent etc..pics would be nice.

The LRD exhaust looks sweet I have to think somethings wrong for you to want to trade a four hundred dollar system for one I admitted I payed less than 200 for. Also what color is your can?

So, I was hoping to have frame ready by now but when things need to be right it takes time. So frame was at fabricators getting gussets welded when we ran into a problem. We had previously cut brackets to weld to subframe that allowed a pair of aftermarket ltr heel plates to mount correctly to blaster subframe. Anyway when we mocked everything up we had done it on stock pegs (this was before I had purchased nerf bars). After they were welded on the thought occured to me that the mounts would not work with the aftermarket nerf/peg setup I plan on running. So I had two options. Cut off mounts and reweld, or not use the ltr heel plates. So we rewelded the mounts and mocked everything up, this is where we noticed that the heel cup would not fit between the nerf bar and peg. Story short, although they worked with stock peg and looked sweet they were not a match for my nerfs/pegs. So I bit the bullet and we are gonna try with a whole new heel plate/cup. For 107$ I scored a NIB pair of REM/GYTR Bill Ballance heel plates with nets for a raptor 250 from twiggcycle. YFZ ones were 20 more But after looking through some mags at frame pics. I am thinking the 250 ones will be a better fit since they are smaller and also work with the new raptor 125 which are both in the blaster frame category. Anyway it's moving along and I will post pictures after welding is done.

On a whole nother note: TPR Tarantula gusset kits SUCK!!!. I will take a picture of the gusset installation paper so everyone who wants to make there own can, and knows through research the proper places to gusset. TPR's kit itself has horrible fitment, luckily they were all cut big so we were able to chop em down to size - took almost as long as it would have to cut our own. 2 of the 11 gussets fit ... And no gussets for stem area? Also if you run nerfs you'll need to recut two anyway depending on what brand. But yea for the price the kit sucks fully - make your own for sure.

Ok, I've finally got time to upload some pics, so here we go with the gusset and my heel guard mockup, I am still cutting the brackets to fit top mount in heel guard pic but check it.

shock mount gusset
2wfimc5.jpg

A-Arm gusset and cross-brace
351g32h.jpg

SubFrame Gussets
5bts2v.jpg

2125va0.jpg

Trick Nerf Bar Gusset/Mount
33nhi0j.jpg

24zf4uq.jpg

Rear Gussets
2r409hk.jpg

Heel Guard Mock Up: Still working on top brackets (not welding/using bracket setup)
54d1qt.jpg

This was all dropped off at powdercoaters

2cwu2o3.jpg

I had it all set up to paint my frame weeks ago but have hooked up a powder coater who I have at my disposal .... so no paint

Frame, Heel brackets, and peg mounts are getting dropped off soon.

Also, I offered the 75 bux for this to CFM and got it, so mocking this up today
288uon5.jpg

And no, I did not get the LRD, I haven't really put much thought to it. I'm pretty slow doing anything......lol.

lookin good bro! jealous of the healguards and gussets. nice work inccorperataing the nerfs into them

lookin good bro! jealous of the healguards and gussets. nice work inccorperataing the nerfs into them

Yea, Im really trying to make them look like one set, I've had some trouble getting the side with the welded fender brace to fit around the mount for the heel guard. I had a hard time cutting into the bill ballance heel guard to mod them to fit, but it had to be done. I'll take pictures of it all mocked up in the next day or two with pictures of the brackets, modding, etc.

I Just read the postings ans I like what you have going, I have been building at a similar rate. Feel like Ive made a good choice or two and a poor choice or two. Keep the thread alive, I will be looking forward to seeing what is going on. If you would like to yap, get at me.
Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.