Picked up a new toy.

Jesse8931

Feb 29, 2012
So I picked this up last night and it was barley running at 75 psi.

So I pulled the top end off and surprise surprise scored piston and jug.

It has an aftermarket pipe with stock jetting and no air filter or top....

So anyways I'm gonna throw new seals in it and have the jug bored to match a cast piston.

Anyone know what pipe this is ? all I can make out is a p on the name plate.

eKXKIKD.jpg

glzcbmk.jpg

mZlZkqN.jpg

qx7aDwP.jpg\

So I went out and used my paper wheel and cleaned the rust to find its a paul turner pipe.

Ok so I have a piston on the way and I started cleaning up the pipe. But my question is the silencer is totally ruined so what silencer can I use with this paul tuner pipe ?

Anyone know what silencer I can use ? I'd like to order one so I can have it ready next weekend.

Why do you say the silencer is ruined? If it is just rusty/dirty than clean it up. it will save you $ than buying a new one..

So I just want to clarify. The carb has a 230 main jet with a pipe and no air box so its pretty easy to see what happened.

I have since ordered all the parts to rebuild the airbox a new 270 main jet and factory silencer.

Along with factory gaskets and wiseco piston.

If you don't want your new wiseco piston to look like the one you have now, be sure to...
#1 Set the piston to cylinder clearance correctly
#2 leak test your engine when your done building it
#3 Jet it properly
#4 WARM IT UP THOROUGHLY each and every time before riding.
#5 Don't forget to do EVERYTHNG listed above.

I would also replace both main seals while I was at it.

Reactions: Blaaster
If you don't want your new wiseco piston to look like the one you have now, be sure to...
#1 Set the piston to cylinder clearance correctly
#2 leak test your engine when your done building it
#3 Jet it properly
#4 WARM IT UP THOROUGHLY each and every time before riding.
#5 Don't forget to do EVERYTHNG listed above.

I would also replace both main seals while I was at it.
It's not my first rodeo. I've already replaced the crank seals.

Just wanted to update everyone.

I have replaced all the seals in the engine along with removed a whole tube of silicone from the clutch cover including a siliconed oil glass sight. I tested the sight glass with water and found no leaks after I removed it and cleaned the dirt out.

I also replaced the worn out clutch hub and basket.

So now I'm just waiting on the jug to be finished and I will bottom this baby up,

Reactions: bummer981