Picked Up A New Project. (Yz 125)

May 18, 2012
Scotland
Hi so i bought a honda cd 175 cc 1971 2 nights ago. but i thought and i never would be able to afford to restore it so i offered a guy a swap with it and £50/$80 for a yz 125. think its a 1992 model but not entirely sure.

IMG_0875.jpg

what i can see its needing is a seat, probably a fresh build as its been sitting. , new rear disc,front disc as its missing, im going to be different and leave it pink fork and purple frame :)

Last edited:
IMG01202-20120825-1544.jpg

IMG01201-20120825-1544.jpg

IMG01200-20120825-1537.jpg

IMG01199-20120825-1537.jpg

IMG01198-20120825-1537.jpg

IMG01197-20120825-1537.jpg

IMG01196-20120825-1536.jpg

IMG01195-20120825-1532.jpg

been looking at engine today and it is wanting to run but the cylinder head is warped. so going to get skimmed then it should fire up :) then its just general cosmetic jobs :p

i want that!!!!!!!!

aha :p i paid about £100/$160. i paid £50/80 for the honda and gave the guy £50/$80 in cash for it . but sounds good and the compression seems fine too. so no rebuilding as off yet. il use it until it goes pop then il do it as im only be using it sometimes when quad is getting fixed or if i fancy using it one day instead of quad. but at least its not chinese crap its jap :D it will be getting alot of work next year. as its been in the hands of someone that doesn't know a thing about bikes. because they have welded the front sprocket on the shaft,had tin foil around the exhaust joint instead of a rubber mount,also there is no brakes.

what it will be getting next year after i get decent suspension for my blaster.

New Rear And Front Sprocket
New Sprocket Drive Shaft
Full Rebuild
Another Frame If I Managed To Find One.
New Pads Front And Back
New Foot Pegs
Renthal Or Pro Taper Bars And Pad
Seat And Seat Cover
New Tyre Front And Back
Fork Seals
Flywheel Cover
Brake And Clutch Lever
Master Brake Cylinder
Grips
Possibly A New Throttle Assembly.
Pulse Racing Tank Cap

Will Be Getting Fully Stripped Can Say That As Its Not Been Looked After At All.

so small update. might be out on yz sooner than i thought. as been offered a swap for a complete engine,frame,swingarm,seat,tank and few other parts just whatever the guy has. for my ps2 with 80 games and my xbox with 39 games. not the 360 xbox. so im going to make one complete yz out the parts and keep the rest for spares as there hard to get parts for!! but should be collecting the stuff tomorrow and will be swapping parts over tomorrrow too(don't waste time.) but depending on his engine i may use that if it runs. if not il use mine as got mine running last night. will start a build thread when i get back with parts.

Thats a sweet yz 250! Vintage looking i like!

125... lol if it was a 250 it is low on compression coz i can kick it no bother :p haha , but im getting a complete non running engine,swngarm,rear shock,forks,yokes,tank with fuel cap,fuel tap and air scoops,frame,air box, radiators and hoses,seat,side plastics,rear brake and also a modern front mudguard and panel thrown in. so im going to build 1 good one and build another one for stealing parts off as im only short of a front and rear wheel and handlebars.

Nice bike man! I love the 90's graphics.

thanks dude :) yeah i prefer the older bikes to the newer ones. you pick the older ones up cheap as well they are hard to find parts for thats why i never turned down this offer as i got a cdi unit which is £120/$200 for one off ebay. but im happy with swap and the guy is too so its all good :) it will be getting started tomorrow if my mates dad is able to weld it tomorrow if not it will be wednesday.