Picked up a brand new 06 Blaster

OhSixBlaster

Jul 8, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Hey guys, as the title says, I just picked up a new 06 Blaster yesterday. This guy bought it several months ago still in a crate at a dealership in Georgia. He brought it home, but realized his son was still a bit too young to ride it. His son still prefers to ride his 90cc ATV.

He drove the bike off the trailer, down his driveway, and into the garage where its been sitting. Thing is spotless, still had the little things on the tires, factory grease on the fittings, all warning stickers and stuff. Everything is 100% stock. Got the Yamaha certificate of origin, all manuals, CD, tool kit, everything.

I found it on craigslist, drove an hour and picked it up for $2,200. I've been wanting a Blaster forever, but I spend all my money on my GSXR 1000. Got some extra cash, and decided I was gonna get me the Blaster to mess around with. Found this forum, and it looks like a great place. Already been reading up on some mods. I'm going to break it in first, then I wanna start with a Toomey B1 kit.

Here's some pics of her:

06Blaster.jpg picture by wmelford - Photobucket]Pictures by wmelford - Photobucket

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/wmelford/BlasterRear.jpg

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/wmelford/BlasterFront.jpg

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l514/wmelford/BlasterEngine.jpg

Last edited:
Wow dude that thing is rare! Usually ATV's go for 10's of thousands of dollars in crates unused like that. Awesome find man, that thing is beautiful!

get u some new shocks and an extended swinger for the first things u do to it, u will see a big difference and block the oil injection off and tors it's a new bike but these are things I did when I first got mine and it makes a difference

get u some new shocks and an extended swinger for the first things u do to it, u will see a big difference and block the oil injection off and tors it's a new bike but these are things I did when I first got mine and it makes a difference

Yea man, I was reading the "Everything" thread and I was checking out the TORS removal and oil injector removal. Think I may do these once I break her in.

Wow dude that thing is rare! Usually ATV's go for 10's of thousands of dollars in crates unused like that. Awesome find man, that thing is beautiful!

Thanks! Yea the guy I got it from said that same dealership where he bought it had two 06 Banshees still in the crate, and they wanted 12 grand a piece! Thats insane haha

You're kidding right? Once you break it in? You need to go find a 90 something beater and park that blasty in the garage. Drain all the fluids and leave it completely like it is. An ATC250R still in its crate brought like $20,000 a few months back on Ebay. A brand new Blaster the last year they made it completely mint brand new? You better stick that thing in the garage and wait until someone with a WHOLE lot more money wants it...

You're kidding right? Once you break it in? You need to go find a 90 something beater and park that blasty in the garage. Drain all the fluids and leave it completely like it is. An ATC250R still in its crate brought like $20,000 a few months back on Ebay. A brand new Blaster the last year they made it completely mint brand new? You better stick that thing in the garage and wait until someone with a WHOLE lot more money wants it...

Agreed!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lenghten your message to at least 15 characters.

Yea, thats what my buddy said. Don't use it, keep it in mint condition and make a really nice profit off it in a few years.

Sweet find! I'd definely keep her mint, though it'd be hard to resist. I:I

Welcome!