petcock issues

cannedmushroom

Oct 17, 2011
N. KY
Hi all,
My buddy’s son has a Chines atv and the brass insert from the bottom of the petcock has worked its way out. It is the brass insert that goes into the petcock and into the fuel hose coming off the top of the carb. I am not sure what is used to hold the insert into the bottom of the petcock (maybe some kind of epoxy). Just wanting to help the kid get back on the trail. Any info will be appreciated.

I don't thing you want to use anything liquid to seal it as it may block the passages. However, maybe tryto flare the end and press it back in with a c-clamp?? then finish it off with some RTV!

or maybe try and get a slightly larger one? I would think it wouldn't take much to hold it in maybe a thin layer of "epoxy" like not enough that when you push it in it won't "seep" to much

If you can distort it enough, to get it to stay in there, and it leaks, you could try an old timers fix and rub it with a bar of household soap.

Leaky tanks, cracked fuel lines, seeping unions can be temporarily fixed, until a new unit can obtained, by rubbing with soap.

Soap is impervious to fuel.

If you can distort it enough, to get it to stay in there, and it leaks, you could try an old timers fix and rub it with a bar of household soap.

Leaky tanks, cracked fuel lines, seeping unions can be temporarily fixed, until a new unit can obtained, by rubbing with soap.

Soap is impervious to fuel.

I learned something new today! Thanks ole timer!!! I:I