PEOPLE WITH TOOMEY B1 PLEASE HELP!

R

rgs3

I put the Toomey B1 kit on a few weeks back. WHAT A HUGE FUGGIN DIFFERENCE! Really wakes the beast up.

Anyways, when i first did the kit i just left the airbox lid off since I was too lazy to drill the holes (and too anxious to ride w/ new pipe). The bike ran awesome and felt like it was jetted 100% correct. Now that I got the lid back on with the 12 holes drilled with the foam inserts it feels like its starving for air and sputters a little around mid-high revs. Nothing too bad but I definetly notice.
Has anyone with this kit experienced this? i dont feel like rejetting (down)knowing I'll be decreasing my power and I dont want to keep the lid off in fear that much more dirt and water will be consumed in my carb/motor.

Advise?

THX!

I run a K&N air filter with an outerwear with the air box lid off with my B-1. I've never had any problems with water/dirt/mud and I do a lot of trail riding.

I have had an open air box for a couple years now, I love toomey!

GO without a lid. Iwould like to get a K&N... too cheap

i see no point in running the lid, just take it off...

When i rinse the bike off its really easy to get water in the air box. Not just plain water but muddy water and mud chunks that can get my air filter filthy and more likely to get crap in my carb/motor.

Has anyone WITH the lid experienced poor air/fuel mix and sputtering with the lid and the vents?

Also bigz123 where do I cut this hole?

I wash my quad after every ride with a pressure washer and I've never seen my air filter get more then a little bit of water on in. The Outerwear I have is rated as "water resistant" and who know if it really is but I've never had any problems.

i run no lid in the dustiest conditions riding down hear in Florida and i wash the bike with no lid and all and no problems. i clean my filter every 2nd or 3rd ride, if you dont then your just being lazy, its worth running no lid. no offense intended. foam filters can go a little further without cleaning the difference between them and k&n is when a k&n gets to dirty it starts passing it through and a foamy just plugs up to were it cant even breath any more... i personally use nothing but k&n on EVERYTHING

i had the same problem with the vents they are stupid just take the airlid off and clean reuglarly as far as mud and water when u ride not alot will get in there i know this for sure just put something over it when u was it or u will feel the box up with water pce

you cut the hole right above the air filter not only does this help to vent it but you cna easily check to see if its dirty and needs to be cleaned ...if you do alot of mudding or trail riding every once and a while take the seat off and check it.

I've had a toomey for a couple years without an airbox lid and never had a problem, and I've had mine under water more than once.