Peeling Decals

ryanbohr

May 2, 2012
Michigan
Hi, I've had my blaster for a few years but I'm new to this forum. I have my quad home for some mainenance, and I'm trying to make it look a little nicer (powdercoated pegs, painted exhaust and bumper, better grips/bar pad, etc.) Almost all of the decals on my quad are starting to peel/already gone/scratched up. The only good ones are the Yamaha ones by the tank. I was wondering what you guys do with yours, leave them, remove them and leave it blank, get replacement decals, or just put on stickers from products you've put on like pipes, jets, etc.

Okay, thats what I was going to do. Are replacement decals hard to find, and how much do they run for if I was to get some?

I know a fella that does decals and is named Eric...hmmm, weird. Anyhow, you can either go that route, or call up places and tell them you are racing and using their parts and would like stickers to promote them. Ok, that isn't my idea, someone else posted a few days ago in the decals/stickers thread, but hell, it's a great idea.

You can use a hair dryer to get old stickers off. The heat will loosen up the adhesive, and make it easier to peel off. You can also use a heat gun on the lowest setting. The hair dryer would be the safest option, but the heat gun works just as good if you are careful. There are also chemicals you can buy that remove paint/grease/dirt/adhesives from plastics without damaging the actual plastic. If you google "Remove Paint from Plastic", you'll find a variety of chemicals. Good luck!

Just wondering, is it bad/not normal to put a brand's stickers on if you don't have their product?

Who care's, stickers are just stickers. I have 50 FMF round stickers that they sent me from purchasing my new silencer...no freaking way am I going to put all 50 on 1 bike. Here is the best part, when my buddies aren't looking, WHAM :eek:, they're getting FMF branded. :D Of course, I won't put them in an obvious spot, maybe up under the fenders or some place inconspicuous...that's just how I roll. B) Anyhow, point that I was gonna .make, I see a lot of guys putting Monster and Rockstar stickers on their plastics, which I think is completely GAY (mine came with Monster, and they came off before the bike ever touched my driveway). Anyhow, I doubt they were putting Monster in the fuel tank....well, my PO was such a dumbass, he just might've.

Throw all the stickers you want on your bike, just make up a good story about it so if anyone ever calls you out on it....usually, people don't care about stickers, they care about whatchya hiding under the plastics.