Payed rebuild

jonnyboyz

Jan 10, 2012
Anyone in the mass area knowledgeable enough to do a blaster bottom end re build I will pay for parts ,beer an etc I just am a retard when it comes to bottom end work and would like it running by the summer I:I

just ship it to connecticut for the cost of them beers, or deliver it..................

http://kenoconnorracing.com/

give ken a call tomorrow morning around 9, and see what he has to say, being a semi local boy, he may even let ya watch and take it with ya when ya leave, ready for a top end and ride.

I've gotten quotes from 600 to 400 and I know it's a damm rip offs cause the parts are no where near that cost I hate paying for labor when I know the finish the damm thing in about an hour grinds my gears B)

ken allows you to purchase your own parts, but really gives good prices on them himself
give him a call, can't hurt

btw...i've paid as low as $75 for a bottom end only assembly here locally at a yami dealer, but they fugged it up
i supplied the crank/bearings/seals

I've gotten quotes from 600 to 400 and I know it's a damm rip offs cause the parts are no where near that cost I hate paying for labor when I know the finish the damm thing in about an hour grinds my gears B)

Depends on what parts it needs and how deep they "need to go" too man.

Ken's good, I'm not sure how "local" Connecticut is to Massachusetts but for me, South Carolina is NOT local to North Carolina and just "riding over there" isn't really an option. It might as well be Stockholm as one state over....

My question is, instead of paying someone $600 to rebuild your bottom end, why don't you purchase the tools necessary to rebuild your own bottom end? You'll end up having them for the next time you have a need that way.

$350-$400 would be close if it needs a new crank, bearings, +shipping!
If just put together more like $250

But it will be togther right and He will lap the cases so they are flush!

But call him, He will give ya exact quote!

I'm pretty sure it's a damm tranny problem not sure yet but I'm waiting on a shift shaft an if that not it I will be looking for a mechanic if I do it myself it will end up being sold as a basket quad trust me way to much for me to take in lol I'm the kinda guy that works on a messy work bench top end I will do all day thoe lol

I'm pretty sure it's a damm tranny problem not sure yet but I'm waiting on a shift shaft an if that not it I will be looking for a mechanic if I do it myself it will end up being sold as a basket quad trust me way to much for me to take in lol I'm the kinda guy that works on a messy work bench top end I will do all day thoe lol

Well if ya find out you need tranny parts, i have a whole tranny spare here, if ya need a part, other than a shift shaft, I can hook ya up cheap! I'd even ship it to Ken for ya.

well, you can determine if it's a transmission problem even if you don't have the tools handy to tear it apart. If you remove the clutch cover and clutch bolts/springs, you should be able to turn the input shaft of the transmission relative to the output easily. The center hub of the clutch assembly is splined to the intput shaft.

You can then turn the input shaft slowly and try shifting through each gear and see if the output shaft speeds up (splines the front sprocket slide on). You should be able to go through the pattern easily while turning the input shaft slowly. If not, remove the oil drain plug and try again. I know it sounds silly...... just try it. Sometimes the oil drain plug can actually go up in and hit the shift drum.

Ken's good, I'm not sure how "local" Connecticut is to Massachusetts but for me, South Carolina is NOT local to North Carolina and just "riding over there" isn't really an option. It might as well be Stockholm as one state over....

connecticut, mass. and RI. put together are about 1/2 the size of PA. or NC.
ken lives near the upper corner of CT. near Mass and RI..
can he ship it both ways cheaper then driving 2+ hours max....... prolly ???
meeting ken......priceless !!!!! LOL

Bike won't shift threw gears at all stuck in a high gear and ct is about 3hrs away I think I'll shift my trucks tranny is on its way out pos dodges only good for city driving lol

Splitting the cases is much easier than you think bro.

All you need is the fly wheel puller,manual,torque wrench and clutch tool to do the job.

But if you really dont want to tackle it and youre that close to ken id just ship it or drive to him.Wish i lived closer to him.

Willing to ship to anyone willing to do the work I'll pay pal all the cash that is needed just want it running to much sh&t in my yard that I don't have running

Willing to ship to anyone willing to do the work I'll pay pal all the cash that is needed just want it running to much sh&t in my yard that I don't have running

just call that number in my sig pic below, around 9am tomorrow and see what you find out
chances are ken has a good used part available to replace whatever is needed

Spoke to ken great guy from the convo I had with him great price quote I'll be shipping it out to him if this shifter doesn't work

Spoke to ken great guy from the convo I had with him great price quote I'll be shipping it out to him if this shifter doesn't work

i was actually on the phone with ken when you called, told ya he'd hook ya up, if needed.
keep us posted on what ya find