Painting Plastic Wrecks Value

unless you sale it in the ghetto !!

Any one that paints up there plastic is just taking away value to the atv!

well alrighty then, dunno if I agree with that. Painted plastics the right way can turn out looking better then from the factory floor. And since blasters are not on the floor anymore, it increases their value. See what I am getting at here?

Any one that paints up there plastic is just taking away value to the atv!

Doesn't make sense to me! We just painted this blaster. If you plastics are in good shape than that's one thing. This blaster looks good and it has 6 coats of clear on it.

6894555.jpg

To a 14 year old who thinks you can grab a can of your favorite "Tag" paint and just start spraying, it will look GHETTO for sure. Tho I have yet to paint plastic, as with any paint project it's all in the prep, product and application.
Hours of prep and 15 minutes to paint. Bulldog adhesion promoter.

I have seen great paint work on plastics with airbrush work. 30% if not more paint work on brand new cars and trucks are done on plastic. If you add some expensive flex agent and adhesion promoter to properly prepped plastics and know what your doing you will have a better than plastic finish. I done some decent work myself on plastic but it does take a ton of work to get that great finish as well as its very expensive for the materials to do lasting nice work.

Paint on plastics can look good and can last if done right. Takes a lot of prep and you can't just use anyol' can of spray paint.

I have painted my KX250 and two blasters all with good results. The plastics were in bad were in really bad shape and the paint made them look 10 times better.

Yes! if plastic is beat up then paint it right but if the plastic is in good shape dont bother just get a graphics kit on it! i do agree it looks good but it has to be done right, like air brush

All the holes from the warning lables are plastic welded shut.And these have taken a beating and are holding up as well as unpainted plastic.Some areas that are rubbed by the backs of the boots show a little more wear. But a little touch up and some 3M clear vynil tape and them areas will be fine.
35ba1xc.jpg
1zqpzk3.jpg
30kfw9w.jpg

The raptor and the black blaster have both been flipped and are scratched .But the paint has not peeled or anything like that. They are just scratched up pretty good.We have other quads that started out flawless (not painted ) and look as bad or worse then the painted ones. And I can always freshen up the paint on the painted quads. The plastic on the ones we painted was not in very good shape,and thats why we chose to paint them. And Id do it again.Especially for resale.So I have to disaggre with the opening post!

I agree!! if your ride needs to be freshend up then sure go ahead and do all the prep work and paint it! it will look good. But if you take any old spray bomb and just start painting then it looks like crap! some people prefer paint, others don't! i like it if it's done correct but if your gonna do it then do it right the first time.

I agree!! if your ride needs to be freshend up then sure go ahead and do all the prep work and paint it! it will look good. But if you take any old spray bomb and just start painting then it looks like crap! some people prefer paint, others don't! i like it if it's done correct but if your gonna do it then do it right the first time.
prep,prep,prep. then when you think youre done Nope, more prep! my son did our paint and it was a salvage job that i think turned out very unique. cant get that with the plastic colors they offer. i like some of the painted quads. i also agree, it has to be done right, not half azzed.