painting frame. help

DONT FORGET:
this is what i always do wether its an entire strip down or a simple rebuild
EVERYPART goes in a ziplock bag labeled with black marker. and if your not lazy you should write a short note as to where the part goes and leave it in the bag aswell

as for the wireing just take it off, its not hard to put on all it is is connecting co-colored wires red to red blue to blue green to grean ect ect

oh and strip every oz of rust off that sh*t primer then sand -primer -sand - color -sand -color -color -color then like 5 coats of clear high heat.

thats what i am doing

thanks dude, im pumped to get this going, my frame is a mess right now from trail riding, newpaint and a skid plate is gunna solve that ahah

what color are you doing?

im thinking silver or black, i kinda think black makes it loooook spray painted so i kinda wanna stay away from it and make it silver but idk i have until my dad takes me to the hardware store to decide on a color lol

lol yeah your right about the black, im really gunna take my time and make sure the paint comes out as clear as i can get it. the preping of the frame will really decide how it all comes out.

A 20lb. sand blaster is cheap. sand is $17 per 50 lb. bag. you will need 2. Blast in an area where you can scoop up whats on the floor and use a window screen to sift the crap out before reuse. Prime with self etching Trio Prime, it's a 2 part indestructible primer. You can't even scrape it off with a screw driver. Spray with a gerneric urathane enamel that is cheap at NAPA. If it runs, no problem, sand it out and hit it again. If you want it shiny enough to reflect light from the constellation nebulus, then go with base coat/clear coat. One coat of clear it all you'll need except where your boots rub the frame and cover. My machine has 2 seasons of riding and still looks new.If the sand blasting is out of the question than use Zip Strip. This stuff is highly toxic so absolutly use rubber gloves and eye protection. This stuff will bubble the paint down to bare metal in minutes, then hose off. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: crusty4365
A 20lb. sand blaster is cheap. sand is $17 per 50 lb. bag. you will need 2. Blast in an area where you can scoop up whats on the floor and use a window screen to sift the crap out before reuse. Prime with self etching Trio Prime, it's a 2 part indestructible primer. You can't even scrape it off with a screw driver. Spray with a gerneric urathane enamel that is cheap at NAPA. If it runs, no problem, sand it out and hit it again. If you want it shiny enough to reflect light from the constellation nebulus, then go with base coat/clear coat. One coat of clear it all you'll need except where your boots rub the frame and cover. My machine has 2 seasons of riding and still looks new.If the sand blasting is out of the question than use Zip Strip. This stuff is highly toxic so absolutly use rubber gloves and eye protection. This stuff will bubble the paint down to bare metal in minutes, then hose off. Hope this helps.

wow you really know ur sh*t! im gunna do just that
REP POINT FOR U MY BROTHER!I:I

thank you a ton man! im going buy some of that stuff this weekend!

where can i get the zip strip? or can i just use regular paint stripper? is this more affective then sanding the whole frame instead?

yeah i think we should PM him i really wana get my hands on some of that stuff.

its t h e Game339

im usually online if im not at school

There are three types of ZIP STRIP, so make sure your buying heavy duty, not light or medium. And please PROTECT your skin and eyes. one splash in the eye and you'l be having lens replacement surgery! Protect your animals from finding this stuff weeks from now.Highly caustic and toxic, discard unused material in a paint can, not the trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shake well. pour a little in a clean paint can or borrow moms tupperware container. Don't tell her she's not getting it back. apply with a new .99 paint brush. appy thick , and let it sit untill you see the paint ripple, curl, and bubble. Takes 5-7 min. once applied. Scrape of what you can get to and pressure wash off the rest. Even back spray from washing it off will cause eye damage, wear goggles and gloves.

i got my blaster down to just the motor and frame! mess of wires is giving me a headache!