Paintball guns

scottishblaster

Jan 25, 2009
scotland
Picking up a 98 custom tommorow :D this will be my first paintball gun

just wondering if anyone else has these guns and if there is anything i can do to it mod wise ?

also post up pics of your guns id love to see them

dude im gonna tell you once your investment was a smart one!! you could throw this gun out of a plane into a river and it would still shoot!! i have one of these for woodsball and a proto rail and there both sweet!

themare pretty good for woodsball but i never liked woodsball that much but i would always play sppedball andthat crap i got out of it so i caould get my blaster

dude im gonna tell you once your investment was a smart one!! you could throw this gun out of a plane into a river and it would still shoot!! i have one of these for woodsball and a proto rail and there both sweet!

Woot Woot :D id probably only play woodsball if i was playing so it suits meI:I
thanks tyler and the walking plague , getting an extremely good deal on it:D

so is there any common mods that people put on it? like how people put pipes on ther blaster

The 98 Custom is an awesome gun. Deff agree with what Tyler said bout the durability of the guns. I have one of those and the A5... Heres an awesome forum for the tippman. Check out the picture gallery. There are some sick guns on there...

Tippmann - Paintball Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Youll want to get:

-I would get a nice ceramic barrel atleast 12"-16" long (J&J makes an awesome one)
-expansion chamber for the foregrip
-an e-grip if you can afford one or just a double trig
-a cyclone hopper is a good upgrade (youll need one to keep up w/ the e-trig)

Thats just to start...

Youll want to get:

-I would get a nice ceramic barrel atleast 12"-16" long (J&J makes an awesome one)
-expansion chamber for the foregrip
-an e-grip if you can afford one or just a double trig
-a cyclone hopper is a good upgrade (youll need one to keep up w/ the e-trig)

Thats just to start...

i was thinking of a barrel,last time i fired the gun the paintball was swerving and wasnt very accurate
id probably be looking to spend about £100-£150 on it not going to be doing a lot of paintball so dont want to go overboard thanks a lot aswell minigfather was looking for a paintball forum to join I:I

how much should paintballs cost? it was 15 bucks for around 100-125 at the actual painball grounds but looking online its like 40 bucks for 200:-/:S wtf lol

looking at a double trigger as we speak lol there one for 20 bucks here so its pretty inexpensive so id probably go with that and a new longer barrel:D

ive got a pretty nooby question though if i were to get a longer barrel would it be quieter or is the some sort of paintball silencer i can get

i just cant see why people buy the tippman other than they are durable i have a Proto Rail and i play speedball (used to) not as much any more but i dive all that stuff and i never once had it jam any malfunctions at anytime. here is why i dont like them they are slow i know woodsball is kinda slow but still wouldnt you want to throw alot of paint and accuracy sucks and to make them do all that you need some cash, i bought my Proto for $400 and only put a trigger on it just so i could adjust it more but thats just my .02 dont get mad thats just my opion

make sure you get yourself a barrel swab. Nothing sux more than haveing broken paint in your barrel.