Paint

BrittanyBlaster

Nov 18, 2010
looking for like a pink paint. not like super bright ridiculous hot pink but like a dark shade or a soft. im sure you guys dont paint much pink. but what type is not going to chipp all off?

no i was more thinking about the plastics. not sure i want to undergo the whole frame off thing yet, until i fix all the other little things on it. but the plastic is ugly.

no i was more thinking about the plastics. not sure i want to undergo the whole frame off thing yet, until i fix all the other little things on it. but the plastic is ugly.

i did my plastics with krylon fusion for plastic. i dunno if they make a pink but it works pretty damn good and dosent flake off like regular paint will. or ive heard that if you know someone with automotive spray equipment you can go that route.

I say leave the plastics white or paint them black and get the frame powdercoated pink. Then you wont have to worry about chips or scratches and theres many shades to choose from!

i am not a fan of painted plastics, i ride way too hard in very rough sh*t, rocks, tight brushy trails to have to worry about, "omg, am i gonna scratch the paint on my plastics"
i would say pink plastics would be a much better choice

heres some goin real cheap on ebay.......................
Yamaha Blaster****** PINK!!!!*** maier Plastics *** - eBay (item 150520324179 end time Nov-21-10 12:11:46 PST)

Yamaha Blaster Pink!!!! Maier Fenders Plastics Front - eBay (item 150520326467 end time Nov-21-10 12:15:13 PST)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with buying pink plastics they dont chip and my buddy painted his plastics with the fusion and it held up better then regular paint but it still chiped and peeled where he got gas on it

ya plastic would be your best bet, but if you do paint them, use a paint with a flex agent in it and make sure you clear it good.

just an idea..you could clean the white up really good and get some pink graphics for them... i feel the same way as awk.. they are gonna get scratched then they have to be redone.

Any up dates? have you checked out maier, sometimes they have clearence on certain colors like pink? plastics are more expensive but worth it!

Maiers has definitely got a sale (1/2 price) but limited choices left on specific items/colors:

YFS200 Blaster | Maier USA

You'll be AMAZED at how clean you can get the plastics with lacquer thinner and a rag and some gentle rubbing. Then go for a pink graphics package like AWK and StrokedTater suggested. No matter what you do with paint it's gonna scratch and look like crap in a very short time.

i say NO to painting the plastics the paint never sticks and will be HELL to clean off at a later time. why not just highlight some of the things in pink. like the wheels , get some shock covers , pink graphics, paint the heel guards and bumpers. your white plastics will blend very nice with pink. things that can be changed back very easy.

No updates with with a little extra x-mas cash. I think im gonna follow AWK and go with some pink e-bay goodies. Maybe then the guys wont want to ride my bike like they do now. ugg.

Krylon Fusion is the paint to use , Frame and Plastics . My plastics were nutso bad on mine . they were originally blue , then the previous owner did white , then yellow then black!!!!!! Holy hell the more I sanded , the worse it was!!!! . So 3 cans of Krylon Fusion Patriot Blue ( is super close to Yamaha Blue ) and they look great . Check out the colors at a local place and see what you like . Just make sure you clean your Plastics really well , I just got done soaking my banshee plastics in the tub last night and scrubbing them . Let them dry , and use a 220 grit sand paper to roughen up the plastics before spraying , paint then resand ( preferably wet sand ) with 400 , then 600 then 800 grit , the more sanding between coats you do , the better the overall job . and Then Krylon Fusion Clearcoat them for extra protection , and if you do 2-3 coats of clear , sand with 1200 grit , and up to 2000 grit paper for a glass finish . Its takes time , do the tank cover and hood first , then front fenders and rear fenders last . a few hours here and there and in a Month you'll have a smokin hot pink blaster . and to avoid getting gas on your tank cover , I always fill using a funnel , and I wrap a clean rag around the base of the filler cap , that way if any drips , the rag gets it , and doesnt jack up yer custom paint job !

true pink plastics would be best but krylon fusion does stick amazingly well to plastic if you wanted to go that route. i plan on painting my daughters yamie breeze 125cc pink and purple using krylon fusion.

wow this is great info. im on to something now. so whats the purpose of using primer on the metal parts? should i? or just straight paint?

You need to use sand paper to rough up the plastics along with an addhesion inhibitor to help the paint stick to the plastics and poly urethane based paint to keep the paint from cracking if the plastics are bent

wow this is great info. im on to something now. so whats the purpose of using primer on the metal parts? should i? or just straight paint?

i would definately use primer if you want it to look nice and last better. when i painted mine i stripped it down to bare metal, then used 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint then 3 coats of wax and it has lasted amazing for a year now and it was just regular ole "hammered" rustoleum and krylon fusion.