ordered shorty cable yesterday

timsyfz

avoiding the DNR Nazi !
Mar 26, 2008
Mid Michigan
I ordered the shorty brake cable yesterday... In the mean time while I wait I am cleaning, freeing up, and lubing the rear assambly... Thanks for the great forum guys... I look forward to my son being able to stop his Blaster.

Well that was the best of my options... Either I fix his brakes, and he can stop... Or i make him go 1st on the trails so he does not smash up my YFZ... Although I would probably have to peel him off a tree before too far..

So I opted to fix his brakes

I bought mine locally from Bay Cycle (Honda dealer near me). But I have seen them on Ebay as well for about $30 ish

Woodward I have seen you on YFZcentral as well right?? I may have a list to send your way soon... I have some more fun stuff to pickup for my families machines... Do you deal in body plastics as well?? My wife needs some pink handguards (not the Powermadds though).

Woodward I have seen you on YFZcentral as well right?? I may have a list to send your way soon... I have some more fun stuff to pickup for my families machines... Do you deal in body plastics as well?? My wife needs some pink handguards (not the Powermadds though).

just let me know whatever you need.... i am on the central all the time.... try to keep an eye out here to see if anyone needs anything.

i can get powermadd in pink... im not sure what others offer pink though... im sure we can find something

Well i bought a new rear brake caliper and the shorty brake cable off ebay, mistake, because it didn't come with the pin for it to connect to the foot lever. is there anything i can do? buy a new pin for it? or just jerry rig it onto the stock pin on there? or am i stuck buying a whole new cable system for $23?

Well i bought a new rear brake caliper and the shorty brake cable off ebay, mistake, because it didn't come with the pin for it to connect to the foot lever. is there anything i can do? buy a new pin for it? or just jerry rig it onto the stock pin on there? or am i stuck buying a whole new cable system for $23?

negitive. was a new cable? if so i think they should send you a new cable with all the parts needed to install it. if not just find a flathead bolt that is about the same diamiter and length as the brake lever and hook it up. its easy.