Ok So I Went To This Event

Oliviasdad

Jul 2, 2009
N.C.
so i went to this midest hare scramble sunday its kinda like an enduro race through 8 miles of woods and each class run laps for 2 hours straight of course you get to pit. it was the first one i had been to since i had quit riding back when i was 20 something years old now im 30. well im thinking id like to get back into running this type of race since i have the blaster. btw there were no blasters that ran in this race they were all raptors, a few hondas & a couple ktm. alright my question is im not in the shape i was in when i was 20 so what do all of you guys do to get in shape or stay in shape? im really wanting to do this cause i know its something id enjoy i just have to get myself ready for it?

if you want to check out what im talking about below is a link their website. some of you on here may have even been there sunday.

Home Page

Ride, ride some more, and when you get tired of riding, ride some more... it's just like any other sport, you can run, lift weights, and do all types of other workouts but nothing will get you in shape for riding like riding. Also somethings that will help with your stamina for a race like this will be a good suspention and a stearing stabilizer.

I agree lots of riding but I also think something for cardio would help. running, biking, swimming even some basic workouts. not saying workout to be Mr. Olympia but just some basics.