ok...I figured out what was wrong and here it is....

blaster547

Mar 14, 2012
West Ky
ok I figured out what was wrong with my blasty...I almost lost my baby:( The rod bearings are gone the top of the piston was coned enough to see the rings with no problem. The reeds are stuck open and the top of the carb was strippedX(X(X( ok so here is what i am thinking.....a stroker crank kit, wiseco piston and hot rod conecting rod. vf3 reeds, new carb, polished exhaust and transfer ports, raising the exhaust port 1 mm thanks to ken. and anything else im missing? Like what jets should i get?I:II:I

maybe think about going with a bigger carb to accompany your porting. just a thought.....

ok I figured out what was wrong with my blasty...I almost lost my baby

So did you figure out what caused it?

It would be a shame to do the mods that you want to do, only to find that it blows up soon after the re build.

There is a great need to work out what happened to cause it it die, things usually dont just happen.

yeah I have no idea why I almost lost the rod bearings or why the piston was fries the only thing I could think is that the previous owner, at one time, put sraight fuel in it and almost over heated the thing. the rings were stuck on one side of the piston. indicating that at one time it had to be pretty hot. I will try to get the pics up her to show yall what im seing.

I have read alot about this ken fella does he have a website is he a builder? some even meantioned a vid of do it yourself porting give me the lowdown

yeah I have no idea why I almost lost the rod bearings or why the piston was fries the only thing I could think is that the previous owner, at one time, put sraight fuel in it and almost over heated the thing. the rings were stuck on one side of the piston. indicating that at one time it had to be pretty hot. I will try to get the pics up her to show yall what im seing.

Symptoms of an air leak, or the incorrect jetting.

Ken put a vid on the DIY section that was real informative about polishing an exhaust port and the transfer pots he knows his sh*t you should check it out! And by the way what do yall think of a vitos big bore 240 kit?

ok I figured out what was wrong with my blasty...I almost lost my baby:( The rod bearings are gone the top of the piston was coned enough to see the rings with no problem. The reeds are stuck open and the top of the carb was strippedX(X(X( ok so here is what i am thinking.....a stroker crank kit, wiseco piston and hot rod conecting rod. vf3 reeds, new carb, polished exhaust and transfer ports, raising the exhaust port 1 mm thanks to ken. and anything else im missing? Like what jets should i get?I:II:I

328.jpg

332.jpg

323.jpg
ok here are a few pics of the head while in progress please let me know what yall think