oil?

I only run Castor oil as it adds the ultimate protection, but there are other great oils out there.

As long as it is designed for air cooled motorcycles you will be fine.

A survey of 10 people will get 10 different answers all claiming, as I did that the oil they use is the best.

I depends on your preference and pocket, but I will say do not cheap out on Walmart or similar brands.

32:1 is the prefferred ratio and what jetting info is based on in BF.

I am one of the few that use 25:1 because it suits my style and conditions.

Bear in mind that altering the fuel/oil ratio demands a jetting change.

okay thanks for all that. do you know what bad reeds can cause. I got two blaster and the one I cant get it to idle down.

Reeds usually rear their ugly head by making it hard to start, and poor throttle response.

If the idle is uncontrollable I would suspect an air leak somewhere.

it starts on the first kick. when I try to turn the screw it don't do anything. where should I check for air leak. sorry for asking so many questions.

No probs for the questions, I get paid to answer them (as if )

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS big screw under seat on top of unit. No TORS brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Left side of bike, gear change side.

Is there a brass screw around about the center of the side of the carb that adjust the slide, or is there only the air screw adjustment.

I put new reeds in it. clean the carb good all that good stuff just in case there was dirt there was nothing. I check for leaks nothing. but I did notice the exhaust has a leak around a metal plate that says what brand it is do you think that can cause it to idle high. do you think I should try getting a new throttle cable. also on my other quad it is slow to idle back down(also a blaster)