oil resevor??

blasterboy91

Feb 19, 2008
ARIZONA
i still have my oil thing on the back and dont plan on takin it off right now..i kinda like to pour straight gas in and go.now i do know the badside to havin on and it goin out..but do they sell anything that you can pour into the oil that will keep it from cloging up or is there any way of cleaning it so it doesnt stop up and break my engine?

no theres nothing you can do really, and its not that it will clog up its more so that the oil cannot feed down the line and if you go uphil, wheelie, or even idle on non even ground you are just burning pure gasoline with nothing to lubricate the piston so you blow up ur piston and groove ur cylinder... but if you premix and get rid of the pump you will never be burning just gasoline, you will always have lubrication.

Its driven by a pump, so wheelies and going uphill don't effect it. The reason everyone takes it off is because its driven by a very unreliable plastic gear that can easily brake and cause you to blow it up.

thats what im afraid of.but i have had this thing for more then a year and no problems.so i guess that i have to hope for the best and it doesnt clog?

well its not even really a matter of time (or how long you'v had it)its just a matter of when it does go out! every time you ride it works fine so your thinking its all good, but at any time you can be in the middle of no where and it quit working! and you wont really notice until the motor locks up!! just my opinon, maybe somthing for you to consider!!! lol

see....you gotta think of long term affects and how long you plan on keeping the bike together!!! lol