oil injection removal

gears2

Jan 20, 2008
Pennsylvania
i recently got my top end rebuilt, and the shop did not remove the oil injection, even though i asked them to, becasue "it was not the casue of the piston seizure" well i wanted it out anyways. i really want to get rid of it, but how dod i do it and what is involved with removing oil from the oil tank and gas out of the tank? thanks for the time

Ok there is a DIY on this forum on how to remove your oil injection without the kit. But I would say the best thing to do it to get the Vitos Oil Block off kit. After you get the block off kit installed you have to drain the gas to do the premix. To drain the gas make sure that you have the petcock in the off position. Next remove ther rubber line that goes form the petcock to the carb and stick it in a gas can. Then turn the petcock to the On position. Drain all the gas from the main tank. Once that is done switch the petcock valve to the Res. position and drain the gas. Next mix your gas 31:1 and enjoy! Also go to your local shop and get a ratio rite cup. Makes measuring the amount of oil to gas ALOT eaiser!!!

yep, fab pretty much covered it. The oil block off kit comes with step by step instructions and only costs about $30